ALERT-Hasselblad not support older digital back

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelS

Wasn't sure where to post this-will try under another topic as well.  This just in from Hasselblad.  Sounds like for us older back users we won't be able to get support or repair any more.  Start phasing out your 22MP MS and your 39MS back now :-( 

I doubt there is much we can do but our studio for one is reevaluating our commitment to the big H. Love to hear your thoughts

cheers

M

Hello

I understand you current concerns regarding the recent announcement of service/ support of the CF series digital backs

Unfortunately, this is something out of my control  & decision.

Part of the this announcement is the lack of availability of parts / suppliers for these older digital systems

we will be able to supply support for issues such as IR filter replacements, firmware issues, and minor issues of that nature

but moving forward, we are limited in our abilities to fix deeper problems such as link board replacements,, Firewire ports and other serious issues with the CF & older digital systems

I, personally value all of my clients that have stayed loyal to the Hasselblad / Imacon digital systems and look to support and provide guidance to them as much as I am able to

In doing so please let me know what I may be of service to you in this regard

I am available anytime to talk

Sincerely

Matthew