Thank you and goodbye

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek Jecxz

By the time you read this I'll have already deleted my account on this forum. I can honestly say that everyone I've met here has been a classy individual and a mensch. I've also appreciated all of the help I've received here too!

I'm closing my account for personal reasons; they have absolutely nothing to do with the Lunar or any anger over it. Some of you know why; there is no need to create any drama or speculation, so please feel free to share my story, however I cannot say the words and thankfully this is a private forum and I won't have to see them!

I must say something else: special thanks goes to a man named Andy Johnson-Laird, whom I met here; he helped me through a very rough personal time in my life. Nick-T, thanks for setting up this forum; had it not been for you, I would never have met Andy.

As I said, since my account has been deleted, I won't have access anymore. If you want to say hello my email is derek@jecxz.com or follow me on FB at www.facebook.com/derek.jecxz.photographer and of course my website is www.jecxz.com

Oh, one last thing: This terrible cell phone snap shot is of a placard that hangs on the wall at Hasselblad in NJ. I snapped it in haste one day while meeting with Paul over some H repair issue. I've done by best to sharpen it in Photoshop and I'm very sorry that it is so difficult to read, but it says so much. In no way am I equating myself with Ansel Adams; I'm posting this here to say that I sincerely wish times where more like they used to be.

Goodbye everyone and be well.

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz

arminw

I don't know the story behind Derek's leaving Hasselblad , but its a shame to see a man go who has been a great supporter .
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Sincere thanks for the wonderful images.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

meshuggener

what happened to Derek to close his account ?!  I love his pictures and mood. I will miss it.  :-\
www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi

Chris Gahran

Awhh, they misspelled the name of the city which is the site of the "Center for Creative Photography" but that's hardly a reason to leave us.

Chris