HCD24mm + HTS 1,5 + Phocus 2,7= PROBLEM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Méndez

Hello everyone

I hope that anyone who has received their new HCD 24 and combine it with the HTS 1,5 can tell me that he has no problem with it, like I have had.Today, doing the first interiors and shooting with Phocus 2,7 version and had updated the firmwire of my H4D60 to R512 and tethered to the Macbook Pro covering more than what the programme needs, just closed down once and again. I tried everything I could do. There was no problem using HCD 28mm with HTS 1,5 and Phocus 2,7, niether any problem using HCD 24mm with HTS 1,5 with Phocus 2.6.6. (with this version you will not get the lens correction for HCD24). Even using the HCD24 lens with Phocus 2,7 (no HTS 1,5) works: I even tried with the old firmwire R500, H3D39 with the combination HCD24 - HTS1,5 - Phocus 2,7, even on a Mac Pro with different OS.

It's a shame as the lens gives those necessary grades that we cant get with HCD 28 with HTS 1,5 and it looks great. I bought this lens to use it with HTS as it's too much wide angle for me and the way I do photography.

If anybody has had or not this problem with the HCD24 using HTS 1,5 and Phocus 2,7, please let me know. And if somebody has any information that this is a problem is going to be resolved by Hasselblad I would appreciate it. Reading other post around, it seems that Phocus 2,7 is giving too many head-aches..... :-\

Thanks............

Giorgio

Hi Roger,
Your H4D 60 needs a firmware update, IMO.
It's available from Hasselblad we sites and may solve your problem.
Ciao,
Giorgio

Roger Méndez

Thanks Giorgio  ;), I think I have All the latest firmware on my H4D 60, specially for sure the R512, but I'll install the body combined and see what happens.
Thanks again.......

Roger Méndez

Hi again Giorgio....

I went to Hasselblad site, downloaded latest firmwares again and installed them in to the cameras, they were updated already (it's the first I do when I receive any mail of update), but I did it again just in case. Then I fix the HTS 1,5 with the HCD 24mm to the H4D 60 and did a shot tethered to the computer... The result...... after 10 seconds the camera unloaded the image to the computer, the programme crashed.....
Thank you Giorgio, but the firmwares were updated.... there must be something else, for me surely problem is with Phocus 2,7. It happens also with the same conditions with my H3D 39, but there is no problem when you use the lens without the HTS 1,5 and using Phocus 2,7. For me it's Phocus 2,7 as Phocus 2.6.6 gives no problems, but you can't get the lens corrections. I suppose that when other users receive their HCD 24mm and use it with HTS 1,5 they will post to this forum...... :-\

meshuggener

just an idea, when you are tethered, do you have a compact flash inside the body ? I had many problems with that, and I solved it putting out the CF. Just an idea to help you :)
www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi

Roger Méndez

Hi Meshuggener, I had the card inside the back. I never had any problems with that, I'll try and see what happens and answer you back. Thanks for the idea........ :)

Roger Méndez

Hi Mes, I've just did what you suggested me and it didn't work, the program just closed down like always. I did some shots without being connected to the computer and downloaded them via card reader. The images were downloaded via Phocus 2,7, but when I tried to open one of them the program crashed again.. Really I don't know what else I can try. I still think that there is a problem with this version of Phocus and I hope the arrange it ASAP.  :-[ :-[ :-[

Roger Méndez

Hi every-one, I've just read this from another post:

Quote from: pchong on January 08, 2013, 02:09:26 PM
Update from Hasselblad through Shriro. Thanks Boon for followup.

Unfortunately this is a software bug. We are currently working on an update to 2.7, which should be available in February.

Unfortunately 2.7 will have the older 39MP models with uncoated IR filter use the color correction corresponding to the H3D-II 39 which has the coated filter.

First of all this results in incorrect temperature/tint values which means that using white balance presets in Phocus will not give the desired result. Also opening existing 39MP images will lead to wrong white balance. The raw files as such are OK.

Please downgrade to Phocus 2.6.6 and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Chris Sirin
Hasselblad Technical Support

As you can see, Phocus 2,7 is a bug and I hope that someone who has contacts with Hasselblad can tell them that there is another problem with this software. The problem is, nobody will be able to use the HCD 24 with HTS 1,5 until the new version is launched in february and hoping they have this problem to be resolved in their agenda. I'll have to be patient once more... :( :(

Even so, they could launched a Beta version so we could all know that the software could have problems.......

brian

I am about to collect my new HCD24 lens so I sure hope this problem gets sorted - please continue to share on the Phocus solution for use with the HTS when it arrives.

I took delivery of my 24mm lens and I am still testing it. My first attempt produced some fairly bad distortion but I am reserving my judgement until I do further tests. Also I have a standard Hasselblad filter on the lens and it produces slight vignetting at ƒ11.

Has anyone tested this lens for distortion and vignetting?

Roger Méndez

OK Brian I will. If you don't have any problems when you receive the 24mm and use it with Phocus 2.7 please let me know. Maybe I could have a problem, never know......

Roger Méndez

Hi Brian
Just to inform that with the new Phocus 2.7.1 the problem has been resolved, it's working now perfectly.

Henry

Brian and Roger,

I look forward to hearing your views about the 24mm on and off the HTS as it's next on my "lust after" list for lenses.....  Does the 24mm get you that much more in than the 28mm (which I already have with the HTS)?  Many thanks in advance,

Henry

Roger Méndez

Hi Henry

I find the difference. I hardly need to use the 28mm now. If you would like to know how much you can get in to the image, it's quite similar to the HC 35. But I must say that a wider lens would be ideal.

Henry

Many thanks for that, Roger!  Can't wait to see some of your pics!

Kind regards,

Henry

Roger Méndez

Hi Henry, I'll try and upload an image with the HTS and the 24mm.... Even so, if you wish to see some of my pics you can visit my website: www.rogermendez.com
There are no images with the HTS and 24mm there but you will see what I can more or less do. Don´t be very critical with me,  :). I'll like to see some of your pics also......

Any way I would like to say that the lens correction for 24mm for Camera Raw and LR is not available. And if you wish to register the lens on Hasselblad, the lens doesn't apeare.

Kind regards

Roger