H5D Announced

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Maxim

Weather sealing, yes! New motor drive algorithm, yes! Nothing about thunderbolt, oh no...
24mm lens is welcome. Macro converter for wide angle is interesting.
Almost happy. Could really benefit from thunderbolt.

I wonder if sensor sensitivity has been improved.

Alex

Dustbak

Yes, TB would be really nice. I have actually promised myself not to buy any new MF body unless it has TB tethering. OTOH, has anyone ever seen a TB cable over 2mtrs??

Giorgio

H5D photos of the camera look good!
Can't wait to handle and shoot one!

Alex Maxim

Quote from: Dustbak on September 12, 2012, 07:25:11 AM
Yes, TB would be really nice. I have actually promised myself not to buy any new MF body unless it has TB tethering. OTOH, has anyone ever seen a TB cable over 2mtrs??

Probably there will be long cables by the end of this or early next year. If Hasselblad plans to introduce H5D-II with TB next year, that would be perfect timing.
Don't really want to invest in another FW solution. FW gives me so much headache.

rsmphoto

Agreed! I will never buy a FW800 camera again.  It's been the source of 90% of my connectivity issues.

Now that H lenses work on the Leica S series (including HTS), I'm holding off to see how the H5D compares with the rumored S3.

Domip

Not only connection problems, but for nowadays (2013) to slow...
To long waiting for incoming 4shots when shooting several hundred pics a day !  :'(

peterbkk

Quote from: rsmphoto on September 12, 2012, 08:59:26 AM
Agreed! I will never buy a FW800 camera again.  It's been the source of 90% of my connectivity issues.

Maybe a little slow compared with TB, but incredible reliable.  I have never had any FW device that did not connect on the first attempt.

Giorgio

Just for fun, copied from LL post #65 from the H5D announced thread.

Re: H5D announced
« Reply #65 on: Today at 09:10:39 AM »
   ReplyReply
First of all: FredBGG, that Larry King shot is awesome.

Quote from: Hasselblad
A Hasselblad camera is not a reward for having achieved a successful career. A Hasselblad camera is the tool with which you build your successful career to begin with.
There is never any time like the present to start building for the future. And if you think 35mm is good enough for this stage of your career, then you'd better hope that your clients are also willing to settle for "good enough". The best clients, however, are almost never willing to settle for "good enough". And why should they, when there are photographers out there who can provide the best? And providing the best is what Hasselblad and the new H5D are all about.

Allow me to make some edits:
Quote from: Hasselblad
Using a Hasselblad camera will make your manhood larger, cause women to mud wrestle for the privilege to service you, and allow you to actually crap wads of twenty dollar bills from your poopchute. And if you think you don't need that, just know that your wife and daughters will probably get impregnated by someone who does use a Hasselblad!

There, all better.

Common Hasselblad, you can hire better copywriters/PR folks than that. That BS on the website just reeks of lack of class.

I hope this is OK to re post here, I am not trying to stir anything up I just though this would entertain you as much as it did me.

Giorgio

Hey Derek,

Just had to read the LuLa stuff after I got the email announcement from H!
I knew it was going to be a rumble, and after this week I needed a laugh! I was not disappointed.

Anyway, I am very happy shooting my camera and the H5D news is all good to me.

Ciao,
Giorgio

Dustbak

I don't know why people that do not use HB's are making such a fuss. My H4D is already extremely good, I am pretty sure the H5D is improved. What could possibly be wrong with that. Geez.... treating camerabrands like religions how moronic can you get? Go out and make some pictures. As for posting shots you have made from celebrities... it clearly shows this guys needs making up for a miss in manhood somehow since the image had nothing to do with the point he was trying to make (TF not suitable for wide-open photography and handing out an images that must have been made somewhere at f8/f16).

Giorgio

Hey Derek,

LuLa has its personality, err voice too!

Every website seems to have a voice, I just wish that people would post here a little more often.

Then again I should probably take my own advise...

As for the economy, everyone I know says things are going to warm up later this year. I hope they are right!

Paul Claesson

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on September 15, 2012, 02:36:21 AM
Hi Giorgio,

I think it's fine to post here and while I don't visit LuLu very often, I did notice this free for all frenzy and watched as Paul from Hasselblad answered questions which were posted only to annoy and attack. If it were up to me I would not permit Paul to waste time and engage such ruffians, none of which are interested in purchasing a Hasselblad camera or equipment. In my opinion, Paul's time is best spent helping existing and prospective Hasselblad customers. I've known Paul since 2005 and he has been extremely helpful to me and I hate to see him in such a forum replying to those fellows; I hope soon he will no longer need to.

Derek, Has it been 7 years? My how time flies...
Paul Claesson
Orbitvu USA
Former Hasselblad Employee

rsmphoto

So... has anyone seen, heard, read, what connection the H5D uses for tethering?  I can't find any mention of it anywhere.

Surprisingly, Leica's just announced "new" S uses a "high speed" LEMO USB 2.0!!!!  No USB 3.0, no TB.  Go figure.

Richard

meshuggener

www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi