Arca Swiss Cube

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

I've been considering this head as a replacement to my current ballhead. I note that B&H says that the manufacturer has discontinued it, and it is no longer available. Adorama/Amazon state having only two in stock, as if that's it once they're gone.
I cannot find a website, so I'm a little concerned. Does anyone have the scuttlebutt on this head?

Miller

I've just bought, mine 8). If it is discontinued, you had better hurry up.
I don't know if there is an official website, but you will find an e-mail adress in this old press release:  http://www.precisioncameraworks.com/Media/PressCubeEngl.pdf
Might be worth a try?

Frans Rutten

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I've had one for a few years now. They are excellent. Grab one, if you can. If you can't the Arca D4 would make a great substitute. The bad news is that I have had a D4 on order since last August so don't expect a quick fix.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

studiophoto1

Hi,

It's still for sale in France and Europe, I mean you can directly order from Arca Swiss.

http://www.magasin-arca-swiss.com/contents/fr/d35_cube-arca-swiss.html

http://www.galerie-photo.com/films-arca-swiss/arca-swiss-cube-c1.wmv

AllynSar

B&H has them in stock with a new manufacturer's number. The old number is the one that is discontinued.

Allyn
Allyn Saroyan

brian

excellent product but Arca Swiss are notorious for a lack on information and product back up.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I had some issues with my D4 a while back and posted on GetDPI. Rod Klukas (rod.klukas@arca-swiss.com) jumped in and helped fix the problem. He was great.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

ghoonk

Mine arrived last week and I was shooting with it over the weekend. It's not cheap, but it's very well made, a real pleasure to use. One thing to note, however, is how the flip lock release system works. I've never used a flip lock release, so this had me frustrated - to open the flip lock, pull the locking knob out, and it will flip to a position perpendicular to the clamp. You then need to slide back the locking pin under the flip bar so that the flip lock is 180 deg from the locked position to release the clamp

Considering all the other alternatives (Manfrotto, Kirk, RRS, Induro, etc) I have purchased and used in the past, I should have just bought this in the first place and saved myself hundreds of dollars and hours of grief trying to get everything level, in a lightweight and compact head.

Henry

They are still very much in production, but slooow, as others have noted!  It was a bit too big and pricey for me, and I went with the D4 which I'm very happy with - Robert White is where I found it in the UK.

Henry

ghoonk

I got mine from B&H. Took them 3 days from the time i clicked on buy to get it from US to me in Dubai :)

Dustbak

I ordered mine today, hopefully  I wil get it tomorrow otherwise it will be on monday.

ghoonk

I'm quite sure you will like it. Used it on my H4D for pano work yesterday and kept thinking "why did i wait so long to get one?" :)

Dustbak

;D

Yep, I have been contemplating buying one for 3 years now. I know exactly why I waited so long. 1200 euros ex VAT is an insane amount of money for a tripod head.

I have been very happy with my Burszynski head, there is no head that makes such a sturdy platform (including the Cube) but since the Burszynski is a ballhead it takes more work to get the camera level or to adjust small amounts.

davidthescot

Quote from: Dustbak on March 23, 2013, 04:16:41 AM
I ordered mine today, hopefully  I wil get it tomorrow otherwise it will be on monday.

Ray - Got mine 3 years ago to replace a ball head (RRS BH55) - best £1400 I have ever spent.

Domip

Is it really £1400 worth ?
Is the 405 Geared Head of Manfrotto as good ?
It did satisfied me until now...