Arca Swiss Cube

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithL

It's the 925 grams that puts me off.

Dustbak

Quote from: Domip on March 24, 2013, 08:43:58 AM
Is it really £1400 worth ?
Is the 405 Geared Head of Manfrotto as good ?
It did satisfied me until now...

Whether it is worth its price is a matter of opinion. It is much better than the Manfrotto 405 or even the Manfrotto 400. As with all things a bit more quality adds exponentially to the price.

Yeah, the 925grammes is heavy but the ballhead I used to use was already 600grammes. Naturally I use it with a light  high quality CF tripod to compensate for the weigth of the head   ;D

Dustbak

I received my Cube today. It looks like my ballhead was even heavier than I thought. It appears to be heavier than the Cube. I have immediately replaced the flip lock for a RRS Pro B2 with the screw knob. I find that even if you adjust your flip lock to the rails I use I can move the rails (with some force) in the lock. This is not possible with the RRS screw knob. I also used to using these screw knobs.

I think I am going to be very happy with the Cube, especially the ease of making small adjustments. From a rigidity point of view, there is still nothing that is as sturdy as the Burszinsky. It is amazing how few heads are made so the fall into the tripod (replacing the tripods top plate) putting its weight lower and more in between the tripods legs.

Dustbak

Quote from: KeithL on March 24, 2013, 09:05:14 AM
It's the 925 grams that puts me off.

I just weigthed my ballhead (that ridiculously good Burszynski head) because it felt heavier than the cube and more solid. that thing weighs 1050grams!!!

I always thought it was a mere 600grams..

KeithL

I use the Arca swiss P0 at 280grams  ;)