h4d-40 help

Previous topic - Next topic

abdullah.malallah

hi am new to hasselblad so if its ok i'll ask  my tow   questions in this post ,,

1- if am shooting tethering to phocus  the image will only saved in the pc not in the cf card . can make it saved in both the cf and pc  ,( B/C I want to shoot tethering then edit the picture in photoshop raw file editor )

2- what is the step to shoot HDR meltable exposer shoot , is there a way so set the h4d-40 to take 3 exposer by it self without touching it ? like what i used to do in my 5dii .

GeorgeTelis

1) You can use the files from the capture destination folder so there is no reason to use the CF card (be sure that you have adobe camera raw 6.5).
2) i am afraid that this is possible only with the cable release because if you turn on the self timer  bracketing mode is turned of. Turn the camera to "C" shooting mode and use bracketing and a steady tripod :)

George.

abdullah.malallah

I appreciate you replay ,,

about the 1st ques , i tried  to use the file in the distention folder but i dont know how to take it out of the phocus software as a RAW file . when i search  the file name in my mac i find it at only as TIFF file   ,,,

I don't now if i explain good or not ;D ,,

my de sigher is to tether capture and edit the image in adobe raw file editor . i already have the blug in .

abdullah.malallah

is the camera can be tether withe light room ?

b/c if its thats all what i need !!

GeorgeTelis

Unfortunately camera can be controlled only through Phocus. You can process the files without any export as FFF files but you can also export them as DNG and then process them on photoshop but photoshop has no accurate lens and distortion correction and the quality of the output file is inferior compared to Phocus.

martinnz

After the images are captured they should be in the raw format with  an fff extension. You can export these to LR or photoshop. Normally I use Phocus as it provides better results for initial work. Then I move to CS5 for final stuff. Hope that helps. I am using standard settings in Phocus 2.6.5 Regards Martin
When tethered you can set Phocus to auto export files in different formats to other directories