Phocus Brightness control

Previous topic - Next topic

Alastair Bird

Is it just me? (if it were it wouldn't be the first time   ::)  )  But I find the Brightness control in Phocus to be alarmingly weighted towards the highlights. I usually use brightness in Lightroom or Photoshop to bring up my mid-tones without dramatically increasing the highlights - Basically taking a curve and grabbing the middle of it and bringing it straight up, keeping the shadow and highlight points the same, or mostly the same.

...but in Phocus it appears that the Brightness works much more like exposure - in fact, I find I get better mid-tone brightness control using the exposure slider, rather than the brightness slider.

...and I know I can use the curves in Phocus, I do, in fact, and it gives the desired effect. But am I the only one who feels the brightness slider is overly aggressive?

Alex Maxim

Hi Alastair,
I wouldn't recommend to use brightness neither in PS nor in Phocus. It can lead to some image data loss.
Curves is the way to go.
I myself use only the exposure slider from all those in the exposure menu. Not really happy how the rest of them works.

Alex