HC Macro 4/120

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Please use this thread to post reviews, opinions and images from the HC Macro 4/120

Here is a link to the technical data for the HC Macro 4/120:

http://hasselblad.com/media/6432/hc_macro_120.pdf
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

pchong

Agree...excellent lens. Great at macro distances. Here is a recent shot for a client, taken at f/11 with H26+H52 stacked to give additional 78mm extension, I can get 1.94X magnification. Adding the H13 (which I don't have) will provide I think 2.04X, not significantly larger. As can be seen, the depth of field is extremely small. The dust was left on the watch at the request of the client, as we had wanted to show a well worn, and well loved watch.

pchong

Another one, but set at infinity, two panel stitch.

HughGilbert

Here's a shot of a fifty pound note £50, using the 120 macro and three close up tubes, one of each.

the note was mounted on a sliding table beneath the lens and the lighting was definitely side on and limited by slits.

THe image is an assembly of about eight separate images, and this section is about 137meg full up.

Focus is so critical that from the top of the thickness of the ink to the surface of the paper is sufficient to lose focus!

symbolphoto

Wow ^ that's pretty serious. Awesome, do you have more?

HLArt

IceRose just picket today
HC 4,0 120mm -ISO 100,  f/18 1/5

silvesterkok

silvesterkok

TareqPhoto

H4D-60 - 120mm - f16 - ISO 50

osolophoto

How do I attach photos....    ?

BLASR

Click Additional Options   choose your files, post it.

you just did it.

BlasR
BlasR

colinkw

Here is a link to the BBC programme "Renaissance Revolution" which features a number of images taken using The HC Macro 4/120 lens. Although not magnified on screen to the maximum of the images taken the largest on screen magnification could have been around 50x.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vt87g/Renaissance_Revolution_Piero_Della_Francesca_Baptism_of_Christ/

Dick Roadnight

Is this lens significantly sharper at A5, A4 to A3 subject sizes (typical table top) than the 100?
H4D-60, 50-100mm, 300mm, CF, Flexbody, P3

pchong

I think the bokeh is not too bad too...

TareqPhoto

Quote from: Dick Roadnight on November 03, 2010, 11:37:54 PM
Is this lens significantly sharper at A5, A4 to A3 subject sizes (typical table top) than the 100?

Someone said that 100 is the sharpest lens in Hasselblad line, and i thought that 120 is the sharpest, not sure but if we consider about the group/elements glass of the lens then that 100 will be the winner, but by tests we can know better, unfortunately i don't have 100 atm..