Previous topic - Next topic

epic

Phocus 2.5.2 released today

To quote:

Phocus 2.5.2 Mac
This is a feature and bugfix release of Phocus 2.5

Highlights

* Support for the H4D-60.
    * Auto crop H4D-60 HCD images, setting via preference menu allowing you to decide whether H4D-60 images captured with an HCD lens should be auto cropped. Auto crop is enabled per default.
    * Fix of potential crash during multi-shot capture.
    * Fix of multi-shot issue that could lead to image artifacts.
    * Fix of issue leading to incorrect histograms for cropped images.
    * Fix of incorrect "Capture failed" error when disconnecting camera after making burst captures.
    * Fix of potential crash situation during tethered burst capture.

For full information about added features and included fixes, please consult the Phocus read-me file.

System Requirements
Mac OS X 10.5 or later is required and at least 2GB of memory where 4GB or more is recommended. If working with the H4D-60 we recommend 8GB of RAM. Phocus 2.5 (and later versions) is optimized for Intel processors - G4 or G5 PPC is not supported. For further information about system requirements, please consult the read-me file.

Compatibility
All Hasselblad FireWire based digital camera products are supported by Phocus. 3F files generated by Phocus are not backward compatible with FlexColor. Flextight scanner 3F files are not compatible with Phocus.

Monty Rakusen

Anyone been using 2.5.2 for a while? Looks like its addressing a few issues but is it stable?

Monty

Dustbak

Naturally it all depends on which platform and under what configuration and circumstances you are using it but for mine it has been stable. More so than 2.5. There are still issues in a number of areas but no real ones concerning stability.

I work with: CF39/MS, MBP15 i7, MacPro 2009 Nehalem.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I had no issues on a 40 but I don't shoot tethered.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Dustbak

I shoot tethered about 90% of the time.

rem

I downloaded 2.5.2 and replaced/updated the older version but I hve only 2.5.1.... The same at two systems. What can I made wrong? (Mac OS)
Thanks, rem

Greg

My usual steps in the upgrade process are; 1. upload the new program; 2 eliminate the icon at the bottom of the screen; 3. drag the icon from the newer version from the applications folder down to the icon bar at the bottom of the screen.  If I do not do this and click on the icon in the icon bar it just takes me to the older version.  You probably do the same, but I just thought I would offer this solution in case it slipped your mind.

Greg

epic

This is discussed here aand "it's an issue with the language version. If you run it in English the so called new "2.5.1" version is labeled correctly as "2.5.2""

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18441

rem

Thanks Greg and Epic. Im not shure about the language version, because I downloaded in german and its still 2.5.1...

stephanbruehl

I am now running the new PC 2.5.2 version under Windows 7 with 8 GB RAM. It is crashing quite often, so I cannot report good stability. The older versions were running quite good on an old XP machine (slower but more stable and only 2 GB RAM !!!). So where is the improvement ?????

Best, Stephan.

pchong

I am running Pc 2.5.2 under Win  7 with only 4GB ram with little problems. In fact I feel, perhaps psycological, its faster than 2.5.

Quote from: stephanbruehl on August 08, 2010, 01:45:04 AM
I am now running the new PC 2.5.2 version under Windows 7 with 8 GB RAM. It is crashing quite often, so I cannot report good stability. The older versions were running quite good on an old XP machine (slower but more stable and only 2 GB RAM !!!). So where is the improvement ?????

Best, Stephan.

stephanbruehl

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on August 08, 2010, 01:47:01 AM
Can you post the error message or screen shot [when you crash] here? Perhaps that will help.

;d

Quote from: stephanbruehl on August 08, 2010, 01:45:04 AM

Best, Stephan.

Since it may last until the next crash, I simply post part of the log file. Does thiis help ?

stephanbruehl

I just fiddled around again with Phocus, running Photoshop and Bridge at the same time. As usual - pains disappear when you go the doctor !!! - I couldn't provoke a new crash so far. What I remember is that the crash almost always took place when I changed to another directory in Phocus. I'll give more information when iit happens again.
Best, Stephan

stephanbruehl

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on August 08, 2010, 03:33:02 AM
Are you on a network drive or some sort of share or removable drive?

;d

It is a built-in local HD, open for network access (my home network between laptop and PC).

Stephan

stephanbruehl

NO  !!!  It is a separate disc, exclusively reserved for picture files. There are no system data etc.  neither Photoshop scratch space.