Phocus 2.5.2 released today

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanbruehl

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on August 08, 2010, 08:03:54 AM
So is it crashing while accessing picture files on that separate disc? Or are the picture files on c: ?

;d

As I said the pictures are on that separate diisc, and I am using only that disc for Phocus (as well as Photoshop) workflow. The system disc C: does never carry any user data (apart from the user environment data in /Apps...).  The crash didn't happen again so far, (I use to sleep during night  ;D), but the screen aspect in the moment of the crash was always that the thuimbnail area in the browser turned white and a red cross appeared instead from top to down. Then a message apppeared which I am not sure about if it was from Phocus or Microsoft complaining about some memory difficulties. RAM memory, however, is 8 GB and I am running the Windows 7 Pro 64 bit version, so I cannot understand the reason. 

Stephan

Monty Rakusen

So is it so? You can't batch process psd layered files!
I've tried but you can only get one at a time to work in Phocus.

Also is it possible to have the moire adjusted layer as the base layer and the un adjusted as the top. Then you can just rub out down into the adjusted layer. As it is you have to duplicate he base layer and put it at the top.

Monty Rakusen

NickT

Quote from: Monty Rakusen on August 13, 2010, 06:39:12 PM
So is it so? You can't batch process psd layered files!
I've tried but you can only get one at a time to work in Phocus.

The problem is that Phocus will let you choose a selection of images and process them out into one layered file, if you wanted to batch out a bunch of layered files you would have to somehow tell Phocus which ones to layer.
I think the save dialogue could do with a check box when saving PSDs to toggle between saving the selected files as one layered PSD  or individual (non-layered) PSDs.
Also is it possible to have the moire adjusted layer as the base layer and the un adjusted as the top. Then you can just rub out down into the adjusted layer. As it is you have to duplicate he base layer and put it at the top.
There is a better way! Select the top layer (the one with the moire filter applied) then add a "hide-all" layer mask and paint with white on the mask to reveal the moire filter where you need it.
Nick-T

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Dustbak

The first is already requested (a tick box to either process into 1 layered psd or process to individual layered psd's). It is annoying you cannot export multiple files to layered psd's. This is one thing I primarily use when confronted with moire and typically this happens to a lot of files during a session not just one or two. The other I have asked is whether it would be possible to export with a black layer on top already so you can paint right away without having the press alt+layer mask first. I hope both will find their way into Phocus soon!

Saving time is of the utmost importance :)