Incorrect date

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Browsing some recent images, I noticed that the date shows as December 31, 1999. The date on the back is set correctly. It was OK two days ago, and I haven't changed any settings etc. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

NickT

I assume this is the date in the RAW files? The backs have an internal battery that gets recharged by firewire, it  maybe that it had lost it's charge briefly? Have you checked a recent file now that the date is correct again? I think it's probably good practice to leave the back tethered for a while every now and again to keep the internal battery charged..

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks Nick. My back is only ever tethered for upgrades. I'll plug it in for a while and report back.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

This is getting weirder. I just checked some more images. Shots from June 7 have December, 99 but ones from June 27 are OK and then another set two days later are December 99 again. I have not changed the settings at all during this time. I have just entered the correct date and time, and will report back. I don't suppose the GIL could be causing problems?
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I just got my H3D out after a couple of days and the date is now showing as January 7, 2050. The time is fine. It's good to know that my camera can cater for me being 104 years old.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

NickT

That's pretty wacky.. maybe time to talk to your dealer..

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks Nick, I agree, and I have. ::) I hope it's something simple. I'd hate it to have to go on another European holiday without me.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

It's not the GIL. I took it off but it is still happening.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

eauliv

There is an inner battery in the H3D
When the battery is empty the date is unsteady.
Plug the firewire during on night (computer on) to recharge it.
If the probleme comes again you have to send your H for repair

Olivier

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks Olivier. I did try but only for a few hours. I'll now leave it on for a day or so.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I charged it for a day, and it has now kept the date for a few hours so here's hoping. Thanks.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Having been away for a few days, I just checked it and the date is still OK. Thanks Olivier. I guess that I need to leave it tethered for a few hours every so often. I don't even want to ask the question why it wouldn't charge from the battery, or why it isn't in the manual. Doesn't Hasselblad expect anyone to never be tethered?
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

hcubell

Jeff: As you know, I have had a few instances of improper dating of files with my H3D. I also had some weirdness with error messages on my H3D the first time I used the GIL in May that seemed to be connected to shooting with a very low battery charge. I could not get the camera to shoot even with a fresh battery, but later that day I tethered to a Macbook to see if it would work tethered. No dice at first, but the camera came back to life after a half hour or so, and I was then able to use it untethered as well. It's pure speculation on my part, but it seems that that weird things may happen when the internal battery loses its charge, and the electrical demand of the GIL may contribute to that or even cause it. Maybe the camera generally shuts down when the external battery loses power, but the internal battery is somehow still being called on to power the GIL.  Who knows. Hasselblad has my camera now in Denmark and is aware of the dating issue.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks Howard. It just gets more confusing, and, I suspect that the GIL is involved there somewhere.

Nick, any chance of a question to your Viking buddies?
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Well the problem is there again. That's less than a week and it goes wrong. I'll contact peter G on Monday.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com