Incorrect date

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks Derek, and apologies for not responding to you. I have already sent an email to my dealer telling him that I have the problem. I really don't want my camera to have another trip to Sweden. It's just got back from there.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

eauliv

Quote from: Jeff on July 11, 2008, 12:04:34 AM
Having been away for a few days, I just checked it and the date is still OK. Thanks Olivier. I guess that I need to leave it tethered for a few hours every so often. I don't even want to ask the question why it wouldn't charge from the battery, or why it isn't in the manual. Doesn't Hasselblad expect anyone to never be tethered?

Hi Jeff

I only know that it is a known issue in Copenhagen :o

Olivier

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks Olivier, I wonder if there is a known fix available :'(
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Derek,

Thanks. I'll track one down.

Cheers,

Jeff
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I think that the Firewire hub idea is an urban myth. I bought a powered hub yesterday, and my camera now loses the date while plugged into it. Whatever the problem is, plugging it into a hub isn't fixing it.

I have sent an email off to CR Kennedy but they haven't bothered to respond yet.

Any suggestions Nick?

Cheers,

Jeff
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Derek,

It's looking that way. I'd hate to think that my Hasselblad could start to challenge my M8 for most time being fixed. The good news is that Colin Johnston is paying me a visit tomorrow morning so we should be getting close to a result.

I have just taken the GIL off and the date is still going wrong so it looks like the camera is the culprit.

Cheers,

Jeff
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

and the final reel shows an H3D on another Scandinavian holiday. i wonder if I can tag along.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

hcubell

Hello Jeff:
Any resolution from Hasselblad on the incorrect date issue? I have had this issue with one or two files periodically showing a Dec. 31, 1999 date, and last weekend I had 6 files show up from one card with a Dec. 31, 1999 date.
Best, Howard Cubell

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Hello Howard,

My H3D has been off to Denmark and repaired, or so I thought. I haven't used it for a week or so and went to check it after reading your post. The sad news is that it is now showing an incorrect time. I plugged it into my not connected to the Mac powered firewire hub, set the date and time and left it for a few hours. When I checked it the time was wrong. Right now, I have no idea what is wrong. I'll try leaving it without the GIL attached and see whether that makes any difference.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Derek,

Here it is:

Dismantled unit S/F CPU board, clean & calibrated as necessary. Digital back checked and modified with latest firmware and hardware. CCD refocus & adjusted. Cleaned reassembled and checked.

Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Colin Johnston is Hasselblad downunder these days. He fixed it all last time. I'm hoping that it is just the internal battery issue. After 4 hours connected to the FW hub, it's all still OK.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

hcubell

Quote from: Jeff on September 08, 2008, 07:50:20 PM
Colin Johnston is Hasselblad downunder these days. He fixed it all last time. I'm hoping that it is just the internal battery issue. After 4 hours connected to the FW hub, it's all still OK.

The issue I have with files showing a Nov. 30, 1999 date does not seem connected to the low power on the internal battery. Last weekend, the files I shot on the first and second days were fine. On the third day, the first 50 or so files had a Nov. 30, 1999 date, but the later files that same day had the correct date. (My camera was not reconnected to the computer the whole weekend.) It is quite possible that I changed cards at the point that the correct date started to appear on the files, so perhaps my issue is a faulty CF card. I am going to do a little further testing to check that out.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

After leaving it on the powered hub for a day, I can now report that a day later both date and time are still correct. Phew, I must remember to connect it to the hub regularly.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I never thought that this might lead to a drinking problem. Will you include the coffee beans? I'll be from Friday for a week so I'll check it out when I get back.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com