NickT

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

Some pictures for you:

NickT

Here's some info from Hasselblad's product manager:

Can you tell us more about the new H6D?
We have completely redesigned the electronic hardware in the sensor unit of the camera because we have added USB 3, a full touch-screen, Wi-Fi on all models, support for the new 100mp sensor, video recording up to 4K. That puts some really tough requirements on the hardware, and firmware, which has been re-designed from the ground up giving a much more responsive camera, it's much faster,

We have dual cards, SD card for compatibility, and CFast (not CF) because we need the speed, we can write up to 400mb/s required for 4K video. RAW files are 60 megabytes from the H6D-50c, and around 120 megabytes from the H6D-100c. 4K video is recorded at UHD resolution, at 25fps, but we are looking at increasing the number of frame rate options, for example, 24fps, 30fps for the US market.

We are using a Sony sensor, and we are able to get 15 stops of dynamic range from the sensor, which is very promising, to be able to get great highlight and shadow detail. We are also able to get over 560 shots from the H6D compared to 350 shots with the H5D, so we have increased the battery life mainly due to the new hardware.

The touch interface on the H6D is very quick to use, and you can change settings without having to go into the menus, using the control screen, which you can swipe down from the top in any mode. The touch-screen is designed to work in photo and playback modes, making it intuitive to use. We have both the touch-screen, and buttons to control the camera, which gives the user the choice.

NickT

Ralf Mueller

Really nice to see that Hasselblad is back, not just with some cosmetic change in the H but a complete overhaul of the system, really didn't expect so many things to happen at a time.

Nick, any statement about the upgradeability of old lenses with a new shutter ? I hear competing statements here. Just came back
from my Hasselblad dealer and he said its NOT possible, others say an upgrade is possible. I haven't found anything on the
Hasselblad web site. A clear statement (with price) from HB would be really good.

Anyway, can't wait to get my hands on one.

Best Regards,
Ralf

cerett

Anything with regards to weather sealing? Forgive my ignorance, but can all types of CF cards continue to be used in that slot?

NickT

I haven't seen anything about weather sealing.

NickT

The H6D takes CFast cards. Although these have the same form factor as CF cards they are completely different and not interchangeable.

As the name suggests they are MUCH faster than CF cards and are needed to handle the huge amount of data that is 4K video.

Fast cards are expensive at the moment but prices are dropping. You should be able to just shoot to SD cards if you are not doing video though I imagine that will impact frame rates.

cerett

Does anyone know for certain what the warranty is on the H6D? I heard it was three years, but then heard that this was only for the new lenses purchased before September.

NickT

This is from Hasselblad:

Standard Warranty
The Hasselblad H6D and lenses are supplied with a 24 month warranty (or 100,000 exposures, whichever comes first). However, if you register your camera within 6 months of launch, we will give you an extra 12 months absolutely free.
How to claim the additional warranty
To claim the additional 12 months warranty you will need the original purchase receipt (for the date and place of purchase), the serial numbers for the new camera and lenses. The following procedure must be followed:
1. Visit www.hasselblad.com and click the SIGN IN option.
2. If you do not have a Hasselblad account you will need
to create an account before you are able to register your equipment.
3. Once signed in, select the EDIT PROFILE option.
4. You will now be able to register the new product. Once you register the camera the system will check the purchase
date against our records and issue the additional warranty
to the camera. A confirmation e-mail of this will be sent to the registered users e-mail address.

cerett

Thanks Nick. I'm very impressed! That is a very generous warranty.

NickT

Giorgio

Great, now I'll never sell my H4D.
Trade in time has arrived...

Buddy

a question regarding the trade in program:

are all older H cameras which are listed under the official program tradable independent how they were originally purchased? I mean if I have an H5D which was bought from the official dealer last year under one of the special price package?
thanks for suggestions!