H6D

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

My understanding is that it doesn't matter where the trade-ins were purchased.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

cerett

That is correct according to my dealer. They will need all of the serial numbers to put the paper work through.

ChrisL

Quote from: Giorgio on April 17, 2016, 04:29:34 AM
Great, now I'll never sell my H4D.
Trade in time has arrived...
Indeed and the trade in has placed a generous floor to the price should you wish to just sell elsewhere.

NickT

Youtube movie showing H6D touch screen interface:

cerett

Just read this on another forum:

Status of Sony Group Manufacturing Operations Affected by 2016 Kumamoto Earthquakes (Third Update)

Due to the earthquake of April 14, 2016 and subsequent earthquakes in the Kumamoto region, operations at Sony Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation's Kumamoto Technology Center (located in Kikuchi Gun, Kumamoto Prefecture), which is the primary manufacturing site of image sensors for digital cameras and security cameras as well as micro-display devices, were halted and currently remain suspended. With aftershocks continuing and employee safety the foremost priority, inspections of the facility and the development of a recovery plan remain ongoing. The current status of operations for the Kumamoto Technology Center is as follows:
Damage to the building itself has been confirmed to be primarily to the upper layer of the building, and reinforcement work will be carried out in this area.
The clean rooms used for wafer processing and manufacturing equipment, both located on the lower layer of the building have not been significantly damaged, and preparations are now underway to resume production. Manufacturing operations are targeted to resume around the end of May 2016.
Regarding back-end processes, such as assembly and measurement, as well as processing operations for components such as camera modules, which are carried out on the upper layer of the building, Sony has confirmed that there is damage to the clean rooms, manufacturing equipment and other equipment. Further analysis of the extent of this damage is currently underway.
Damage to finished product inventory such as image sensors at Kumamoto Technology Center is limited, and shipments of these products have already resumed. The status of semi-finished and uncompleted products is currently being confirmed.
The impact of the earthquakes on Sony Corporation's ("Sony") consolidated results continues to be evaluated. In the Devices segment, there is expected to be direct physical damage to Kumamoto Technology Center. Sony expects to incur expenses primarily for recovery and reinforcement work in response to the physical damage to the relevant portion of the Kumamoto Technology Center. Sony may also incur large opportunity losses, mainly in the Devices and Imaging Products & Solutions segments due to suspension of production for a certain period of time.

In addition, due to the suspension of manufacturing operations at Kumamoto Technology Center and potential disruption to the supply of components to Sony from certain third-party suppliers that also have manufacturing facilities in the Kumamoto region, it is possible that business operations within the Mobile Communications, Game & Network Services and Home Entertainment & Sound segments also may be affected. This potential impact is currently being evaluated."

Any word from Hasselblad re H6D delays, especially the H6D - 100?

cerett

Any news as yet from Hasselblad?

NickT

From what I hear, there will be delays on some orders. Hasselblad (and everyone else) are waiting to hear when Sony will resume production.

cerett

Okay, thank you. A bit anxious to get my hands on an H6D-100c.

raffa

got my hands on a H6D-50 today for a quick test.
I'm so tempted by the trade-in... the price for my H4D is very good.
I will probably have to test it again with more time, to see if I like the lowest ISO compared to the H4D, and of course the new and higher ISOs.

NickT

bdp

Cool, looks amazing. How fast was the tethering compared to your H4?

Ben

pflower

I had 1/2 hour with an H6d-50c this afternoon at the Pro Centre.  My H3d-39 is getting old and a bit flaky and I had gone in to look at upgrading to an H5d-50c since the price had dropped dramatically.  My only experience with digital hasselblads has been the H3D.  However I found myself with an H6d and a 50mm and 35mm lenses.  Initial impressions - in terms of build quality chalk and cheese.  This is so much more solid and stable than the h3d.  It feels significantly lighter although I don't actually think it is and it may be that it is just much better balanced.  Much, much quieter - gone is heavy mirror slap of the H3D (or the V cameras) - sounds more like my A7ii.  The screen does what it is supposed to do - it shows the capture.  Even in really bright sunshine I could clearly see the (fantastically boring) shots of the exterior of the Pro Centre that I made and zoom in to check focus.  Really responsive in all aspects  (AF in bright sunshine almost instantaneous and not perceptibly worse in less well lit interiors - no scientific analysis just that it seems on 1/2 hour experience to work) and the move for all the functions of the camera from the lcd on top of the grip to the back seems like a hugely sensible idea - although it confused the person showing it to me since he clearly hadn't had the introductory lecture/tuition.

Possible early software glitch?  We got it into Aperture Priority mode but for some reason it wouldn't adjust the shutter speed to match the aperture and wouldn't increase the shutter speed over about 1/3s.  But after the first wildly overexposed shot it suddenly started to behave as one would expect and the subsequent shots were all well exposed (can't remember what the metering mode was so user error cannot be ruled out but is unlikely).  But in really strong sunlight and with no exposure compensation (purely on A mode) everything was well exposed with no clipping at either end of the histogram.

I did some shots at iso 1600 - in the underexposed shadow areas there is noise but it is nothing alarming (more like film grain- i.e no weird colour mosaics) and a modest adjustment of noise reduction in Lightroom smooths that out.  Initial thoughts - could use this at 1600 if I didn't want perfectly clean plastic looking files.  Didn't try anything higher.

So.  Apparently my H3d-39 is virtually worthless as a part exchange but worth in excess of £5k as a trade up to the H6.  My one concern is the crop factor.  The H3D has a crop factor of 1.1 - so for most of my work I have been happy with the HC 80mm and a 50mm CFi with the CF adapter.  But I am now seduced by autofocus, so I can see the temptation of the H6-50 plus an HC 50mm which then leaves open the question of a wider lens.  Much more money than I had intended on investing.

I am going to try and forget about this for a few weeks but my gut instinct is to grab my H3D and credit card and rush back to Hoxton.  Before spending anything I will rent for a weekend and really put it through its paces, but it is a seriously sexy piece of camera - which is absolutely not the point but still seductive.

Incidentally the Pro Centre told me that these are now shipping and deliveries are being made (in what quantities I cannot say) and that is purely what I was told.

NickT

Quote from: pflower on May 06, 2016, 07:11:57 AM
I had 1/2 hour with an H6d-50c this afternoon at the Pro Centre.

Thanks so much for sharing, really good to hear your impressions.

DJPixelMan

A couple of observations on my H6D-50:

1: Why has the colour coded Acceptance level been removed? That was really useful as a coarse check.
2: Why has white balance measure been removed? Not all of us shoot tethered, and I really like to set my WB at the time of the scene shoot, not later in Phocus when I may have forgotten that something changed light wise. Please can we have it back.
3 :Why is WiFi only for Apple stuff? I don't want to use Apple, I prefer Android. Will Android be ignored, or are Hasselblad saying that my very expensive camera will only have limited facilities unless I change to a tablet brand that I detest?

NickT

I'm sorry that you "detest" apple. (Strong words for a new member I might add. Nearly 90% of users on this site use Apple so you can see why it would be a priority, I'll find out what the status of Android devices is.