Tethered Shooting

Previous topic - Next topic

derekhillier

For those who shoot tethered and like me need a longer cable here is what works for me.

Connect a 5 Metre Lindy firewire 800 repeater cable to my macbook pro to the repeater cable I connect a 10 Metre Unibrain firewire 800 cable to my CFV50 back

All works perfectly and very stable

cheers

Derek

xordian

I took you up on the Unibrain firewire 800 cable Derek.

This is not working for me.

Using a H3D39 with 10 m unibrain 800 cable through Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter on the new iMac. Same problem on my late 2008 Macbook pro (firewire 800)

Steffen.

Just for everyone's information.

bdp

I have a Lindy repeater but kept getting problems with the back losing power (flashing LED on the back). Now I just use one 10 metre Unibrain cable and it works fine. Had to slightly file down the plug at the camera end. The cable is also quite stiff compared to others, and rarely sits flat on the studio floor, which can be a bit hazardous. The best cable I ever has was a Sinar cable - soft grey rubber that sat flat, but priced through the roof! A lot of my colleagues use Granite 10m cables but get annoyed by the large filter (or whatever it is) at either end of the cable close to the plugs.

Ben

Chris Gahran

Ben, when you said "Had to slightly file down the plug at the camera end" did you actually mean you had to trim the red insulator that holds the plug? I'm looking for 10 meter 800>800 Firewire cables other than the expensive Granite Digital units. Thanks...

Chris