Phocus 2.0.1 crashes after startup screen

Previous topic - Next topic

jK_photo

I have problems with Phocus on a new iMac 27 2.8 GHz i7. After the first launch it works but the next day until now it crashes after passing the welcome/mode screen. I reinstalled it but there is still the same crash. And i can´t find any preference files which i could try to delete. Repairing user rights and runing Cocktails maintainance scripts don´t help.

Is there anyone who can help me fix this problem?

Thanks

jørn

grandguru

There are two ways of dealing with this, if you still have the older version of Phocus run it and it should repair the prefs file that I suspect is the problem. If you dont have it you could delete the prefs file in users/library/preferences labelled dk.hasselblad.phocus.plist, and maybe re-install.

jK_photo

Thank you very much but none of the two solutions work, still the same problem. And there is no new dk.hasselblad.phocus.plist generated in the preferences folder. This is strange...normaly every program generates a new pref file if there is one missing, right?

horseoncoboy

delete also following folder  library/application Support /phocus

this should solve your problem

jK_photo

horseoncoboy

did you check both  application support folders   -library & user/library ? next would be to remove all profiles  installed with phocus  and build a new monitor profile.

NickT

Jorn
It's possible you have a corrupt file in the folder that Phocus is trying to read, (the default is "scratchpad" on the desktop. Try removing all the files from the folder you were last shooting to and see if that helps.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jK_photo

horseoncowboy (wonder how this looks) and Nick,

thank you both very much for your tips. It works now :-)

Cheers

jørn

P.S.: Nick, will you come to Photokina again this year?

NickT

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

eauliv

Same problem with 2.0.1  H3DII50 and a spinning wheel 5 mn before a shooting starts.

The only way to save the shooting and my job: get back to Phocus 2

After 6 years still the same problem: unstability
send your crashlogs, what's your hardware ?  are you faulty ? etc

Why it isnt' necesserary to send crashlogs with the Hasselblad competitors ?

I'm using everyday with the both brands and I can say ""None so blind as those who will not see."" :-\