Phocus Histogram

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonemonkey

I have been using FlexColor for years and am now trying out Phocus to see if I like it. The first thing I noticed was that there doesn't seem to be a way to pick the Black and White spots on the color card. Have I missed something? In FlexColor these are located on the Histogram. I depend on these for consistent and accurate color and to maintain balance throughout the image.

Brian

Olaf Knarvik

You are right, the white and black-point seems to be missing in Phocus.

Another thing I noticed in Phocus is the huge difference in the shape of the input- and output histogram, even when trying to create flat files. In Flexcolor they are normally almost completely similar. Does this have anything to do with the change from H1 22 to H3DII-50?
Its a bit worrying for a control-freak like me not to know all underlying corrections and processes... Any explanations? Thanks!

Alex Maxim

There are black and white points in the last versions of Phocus. Click the Endpoints checkbox (version 2.0). The histogram is non-linear, though. It's logarithmic. But it looks linear when Output values checkbox is selected.
I am not 100% sure. I don't care much about the histogram and the end points as long as the image looks right to me. But it can be important for you.

Alex