Will there be more original XCD lenses in the future?

Previous topic - Next topic

xoda

It seems there are 3 series in the XCD lens lineup: the original lens, the P lenses, and the V lenses. Of these, it seems the original have the best corner performance, and subjectively, I think they look the best. Will there be more lenses in this lineup, or going forward will all new lenses be in the V series?

Paul2660

The 2 V lenses I have used, 38mm and 90mm have excellent corner performance.  I would not think that Hasselblad/DJI would go backwards with lens design.  The features of the newer style V lenses are excellent also.  Just would be nice to see both of these lenses in stock.

Paul C

Iceman1331

I would agree that HB may not go back to the "original" XCD lenes production given that the P lenses and V lenses are made to offer choices for less and more expensive selection. I have the original 21 and 45 mm lenses together with the 28p lens which I have found not much difference in picture quality among them.

outside_late

I guess the comparison is a bit subjective, but I too prefer the look of the original lenses.  I started out with the 30, 45P and 65.  I always felt something was not quite as good about the 45p, but for the price it was a great lens.  Recently I got the 21, 38V and 120 macro.  Again, I'm happier with the older lenses and really would prefer this quality over the smaller 38V, which is a fantastic lens, but expensive for the results.  I had always wondered about the original 45, so I got one used recently, and I love this lens and will probably never use the 45p again.  I hope Hasselblad releases new lenses of the same quality as the originals, I do like the idea of the manual aperture ring of the new lenses, maybe they could incorporate that as well.

JCM-Photos

I too own the original 45 and the newer 45P and I prefer the rendering of the original 45 images to the more harsh P lens.
I keep both because the P is so nice and compact on the 907X.
Sharpen your eyes not your files