New lenses?

Previous topic - Next topic

acg69

Has anyone heard about a 24P and a new 135 coming? There are pictures going around on the web, but no other details.

bcvthul

Well, i'm waiting for an updated zoom lens and updated macro lens....

alextsayun

They didn't even bother using the right font :)

Ralf

That really looks like a fake.

Too bad, I'm waiting for the 135mm. I don't need a 24mm, the 21mm is perfect for me in terms of wide angle.

Orokaj

lmao both pictures are just a joke among our group chat, but since it got out onto the internet, spread like wildfire, as usual.

24 is likely as they next lens is a wide angle.
Jakoro
Jack Xu

pdprinter

I am desperately wanting a macro which is less bulky/heavy/slow than the present 120, anything between 100mm and 150mm. Presently the most interesting FF macro is the Panasonic 100/2.8 which is extremely light, small and fast focusing and maybe that design can be adapted to MF.

Thyl

Quote from: pdprinter on April 09, 2024, 04:38:34 PMI am desperately wanting a macro which is less bulky/heavy/slow than the present 120, anything between 100mm and 150mm. Presently the most interesting FF macro is the Panasonic 100/2.8 which is extremely light, small and fast focusing and maybe that design can be adapted to MF.

you may find this discussion re extension tubes interesting:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4633705

acg69

From what I hear, the next one will be a 25mm in the V series. The ones I posted seem to be fakes indeed! Thanks for the input though!

Ralf

The fake photo of the 2.5/24mm (which is actually a modified 2.5/38mm) continues to spread: https://photorumors.com/2024/04/08/new-hasselblad-xcd-24mm-f-2-5-lens-to-be-announced-soon/

pdprinter

Quote from: Thyl on April 09, 2024, 09:00:40 PM
Quote from: pdprinter on April 09, 2024, 04:38:34 PMI am desperately wanting a macro which is less bulky/heavy/slow than the present 120, anything between 100mm and 150mm. Presently the most interesting FF macro is the Panasonic 100/2.8 which is extremely light, small and fast focusing and maybe that design can be adapted to MF.

you may find this discussion re extension tubes interesting:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4633705
I tested extension rings quite a lot and in general they don't work with lenses which have internal focusing. The only lens X lens which works o.k with extension rings is the 45P which does not have internal focusing.
I am using a Marumi DHG 330 achromat close-up lens which gives me up to 0.5X magnification, the same as the 120 macro but with 60% of the weight and much faster focusing (including focus bracketing).
But both extension rings and close-up lenses do not give continuous focus so much less versatile than a macro lens

MGrayson

The Pentax 645 120mm Macro and the Mamiya 645 120mm Macro both go to 1:1. They are inexpensive and (stopped down a bit) excellent. Some CA wide open.

Tennisarm12

I am using a Marumi DHG 330 achromat close-up lens which gives me up to 0.5X magnification, the same as the 120 macro but with 60% of the weight and much faster focusing (including focus bracketing).
But both extension rings and close-up lenses do not give continuous focus so much less versatile than a macro lens
[/quote]

Can you show example pictures to demonstrate the quality of the lens/achromat combination? To which lens do you attach it?

Cheers,
Peter

pdprinter

Quote from: Tennisarm12 on April 11, 2024, 03:03:36 PMI am using a Marumi DHG 330 achromat close-up lens which gives me up to 0.5X magnification, the same as the 120 macro but with 60% of the weight and much faster focusing (including focus bracketing).

Can you show example pictures to demonstrate the quality of the lens/achromat combination? To which lens do you attach it?

Cheers,
Peter
[/quote]
I am using the 90mm2.5V, focus stack limited to 10 exposures because of wind