H3D 3RF the file-format module cannot parse the file.

Previous topic - Next topic

aguilar

Hello users!

I hope someone can point me in the right direction here to solve an issue I have encountered yesterday for the first time.

I shot 8gb worth of captures on a SanDisk with my H3D. All the images can be viewed on the digital back screen. However, when I try to open the files on my computer (Mac) with Photoshop -I'm use Adobe Camera Raw for processing- I get the following message: "Could not open "A9410313.3FR" because the file-format module cannot parse the file."

It happens to all the captures on that SanDisk. I have tried to export/import the captures from Phocus with the camera connected to the computer and I get either a completely black image or the software crashes, even though the thumbnails can still be viewed on both the digital back display and on Phocus.

Really frustrated as the images are for an important client. Any suggestion on how I could recover the data?

Many thanks,

Pedro Aguilar

ramarren

It sounds like a version incompatibility. Be sure you're running the latest macOS, be sure the latest Phocus is installed, be sure the latest PhotoShop and Camera Raw are installed, and try again.

G

aguilar

Hi G,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately it seems like a different problem. I shoot other captures on different cards and those are fine, so I think it may be the the camera didn't write the captures on that particular SanDisk card.

I contacted Hasselblad Customer Support via e-mail but they have been useless so far -they told me I need to get in touch with Technical Support but didn't tell me how and they haven't reply to my emails asking how to do it.

I've also tried to call the Customer Support phone line several times but it always goes straight to voice mail. I left several messages but they haven't call back...

Any one here knows how to get in touch with Hasselblad Technical Support ??

P

ramarren

Hmm.

Perhaps try some file recovery software. WRITE-LOCK THE CARD FIRST! Then see if you can retrieve any files written to it. There are a ton of these file recovery software tools available, just do a search for "SD Card File Recovery" or similar.

I've had good results on issues and questions by writing an email to "Hasselblad Service Center, USA" <support.us@hasselblad.com>. If they want you to contact Technical Support, of course, ask them how to contact that group.

G

Georg Kovalcik

I don't think Hasselblad Technical Support can help you with a SanDisk card, SanDisk is not a Hasselblad product. First thing would be trying to save the files from the problematic card. Have you already tried to copy the files with a card reader to your hard disk?