XCV 55mm lens-hood spare

Previous topic - Next topic

sanglier

Hello, my lens hood for my 55mm fell into the water. My usual supplier tells me that hasselblad does not provide replacement lens hoods. It's scandalous in view of this price. >:( .

polychloros

Not having spares available at any price is poor. Maybe the hoods for the new lenses will become available as spares in time if/when Hasselblad sort out their lens supply situation.

Bob Foster

This is truly odd. Some time ago (before the introduction of the 45P) I compiled a list of lens shade part numbers for all of the original XCD lenses "just in case". Yet today I can find no parts listing for any of the "P" or "V" lenses...

If your regular dealer does not have a substantial majority of its' business based on servicing the needs of professional photographers you might might have luck working with that type of dealer. Recently one of the rear caps for one of my HC lenses became worn enough so that it would no longer "lock" snugly in place. Though I could find no online listing for this part Steve Hendrix of Capture Integration (who sometimes posts on this board) was able to obtain one for me.

You might also regularly check KEH, Kamerastore, Fotohandel Delfshaven, and any other dealers that carry quantities of parts.

B+W makes good quality lens hoods in both metal and rubber. Both the 900 series (rubber) and 950 or 960 series (metal) might be of interest to you. Where used with some of my Nikon lenses I can fit the lens cap without removing  the rubber shade. I do not know if this is so when using the metal lens caps; the lenses on which I use these all have the original screw in caps (Apo EL Nikkors).

What follows is a list of lens shade numbers for all of the original XCD series in the event that it might be helpful to someone else. You'll generally get much quicker web search results using the part number. Some are readily available online.

XCD 21/4                 CP.HB.00000298.01
XCD 30/3.5              CP.HB.00000037.01
XCD 45/3.5              CP.HB.00000038.01

XCD 65/2.8              CP.HB.00000289.01
XCD 80/1.9              CP.HB.00000419.01
XCD 90/3.2              CP.HB.00000039.01

XCD 120/3.5            CP.HB.00000258.01
XCD 135/2.8            CP.HB.00000399.01
XCD 35-75/3.5-4.5   CP.HB.00000460.01

Good luck,

Bob Foster

Msenca

I think you can find variuos cheap alternatives in Amazon for 72mm lens shades. If you need to use a filter you can screw the shade to the filter.