645 format and X1D/X2D

Previous topic - Next topic

ALAIN

Good morning,
I am looking for qualitative and affordable ultra-wide-angle and ultra-telephoto solutions for X1D/X2D.
What would be the lenses of this type in 645 format (Mamiya, Pentax...) which could offer these slightly crazy angles without distorting the rendering of the Hasselblad X too much, even if it is necessary to use the electronic shutter with its traditional disadvantages on the X.
(and what would be the right adapter ring)
Thank you in advance for your suggestions and experiences ;)
Alain (from France)

JCM-Photos

For ultra wide angle you cannot find a solution in a 645 system, as the 645 format is bigger the focal length is also longer, so an ultra wide in 645 (say 35mm) gives just a medium wide angle on the X system.

For teles it works, I use a Mamiya 645 500mm F:8 mirror tele that is very compact and lightweight and gives amazing results on my X1D

I also use a Mamiya 645 80 macro f:4 for tack sharp images.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

ALAIN

Thank you so much ; the Minolta 500 mirror seems like a good idea :)
For the ultra-wide-angle, I remain a little stuck and limited for the moment to a possible XCD21 which would not bring me much compared to the M11/18mm Leica set.
Too bad, I would have liked to find vintage solutions for these very wide angles.

ALAIN

I'm curious to know
- if, and if yes: which Mamiya lenses have a central shutter that can be used on an X2D?
- if on some it is possible to benefit from autofocus?
- and what a Mamiya 300mm f/4.5 APO AF could give in results, if it has a central shutter, if we can take advantage of AF with the X2D... this one is beautiful ;)

JCM-Photos

third party leaf shutter lenses with a shutter trigger and a cocking lever on the lens only work with the CFV back that has a cable sync going from the X sync port on the lens to the back flash in port.
M645 leaf shutter lenses should work, RB, RZ lenses I guess not (because of internal cocking)

Otherwise it's e-shutter only.

I am very satisfied with some top Zeiss lenses on my 503 with the CFVII 50c, the only problem is the limited speed of 1/500s that in most tele cases make the need of the tripod and mirror prerelease.
Sharpen your eyes not your files