X2D AFC, EYE DETECTION...

Previous topic - Next topic

ALAIN

Good morning,
We appreciated the update and in particular the possibility of creating personal programs, AFC with face detection.
Given the qualities of the sensor and its stabilization, does Hasselblad plan to further develop the possibilities: AFC, eye detection, multishoot, and even minimalist video...?
Best Regards,
Alain (from France)

Patrick CM

Quote from: ALAIN on February 25, 2024, 03:51:38 AMGood morning,
We appreciated the update and in particular the possibility of creating personal programs, AFC with face detection.
Given the qualities of the sensor and its stabilization, does Hasselblad plan to further develop the possibilities: AFC, eye detection, multishoot, and even minimalist video...?
Best Regards,
Alain (from France)

Did you write / send this to Hasselblad support?

ALAIN

Good idea, but when I see the difficulties that distributors have in communicating with Sweden (only by email most often, with the enormous delays that this causes), I imagine that to hope to encourage and push Hasselblad to just get moving a little, we would have to have a mass, hundreds of passionate users, enlightened amateurs and professionals, all eager to have an X2D up to what the competition (Fuji among others) offers, yes: that we mass and find a way to reach their marketing heart... Direct communication, a kind of petition perhaps, or articles in the specialized press... All this seems very difficult and probably without too much of effect due to the dispersion of the head of the brand "on several continents".
In short, I don't immediately see exactly how to force the modernization of this box to current useful standards...

flash

If it's not useful then don't buy it. Get the Fuji. It's got all the toys and the menus to go along with them. I have the GFX100II (and 100S) as well as the X2D. There's no miracles in the GFX tracking focus. The X2D keeper rate is about the same. I'll take it but it needs to be better than what Fuji offers or don't bother.

Video won't happen. Too many heat/battery issues to contain in a small body. You're iPhone is better than the GFX100II anyway. Not a bug loss. Actually, a big plus from me. I like the camera being uncluttered.

I'd like high res shot. But only if it can be done in camera like Leica, Panasonic and OM Systems. Sony and Fujis approach is woeful and painful.

Mostly though I want the USBC socket to accept a cable release, a b&w preview in the EVF and an Android version of Phocus.

Gordon

ALAIN

Very interesting Flash, thank you.
(For street, I like too Leica, and for sport/animals, I like Canon, but Sony not to much.)

I like too the idea of Patrick and I just sent "yesterday's message" to Hasselblad France customer service, in English.
I received an automatic response (to wait) for the moment, in English too.
We will see if the very, very, very shared wishes are the subject of studies, or even more...:)

Patrick CM

Quote from: flash on February 25, 2024, 11:18:44 PMI like the camera being uncluttered.

Gordon
I'm in the camp that loves the simplicity of the X2D and it's simply gorgeous to look at and to hold. If I want bells & whistles, well my Nikon Z8 has everything except a coffee maker. I love it too, but the X2D is special. I love it!

Ralf

Quote from: flash on February 25, 2024, 11:18:44 PM...
Mostly though I want the USBC socket to accept a cable release, a b&w preview in the EVF and an Android version of Phocus.

Gordon

:)

ALAIN

Good morning,
Here is Hasselblad's response. How fast, so, seeing them so fast, I hope to get my XCD38V (whose shutter was stuck open after 3000 photos, and which has been in Sweden for a month) very soon ;) :
"...Thank you for contacting Hasselblad.

We will forward your valuable input to our R&D Team, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

However we can unfortunately not respond to your specific questions about future updates for the X2D yet. We hope you understand.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for additional support if needed.

Best regards,
The Hasselblad Support Team
..."

Well, if Hasselblad receive a few hundred messages of this type, perhaps our favorite supplier will speed up its progress a little bit towards some practical aspects... It's up to you if you want ;)

ALAIN

flash

Quote from: Patrick CM on February 26, 2024, 01:37:09 AM
Quote from: flash on February 25, 2024, 11:18:44 PMI like the camera being uncluttered.

Gordon
I'm in the camp that loves the simplicity of the X2D and it's simply gorgeous to look at and to hold. If I want bells & whistles, well my Nikon Z8 has everything except a coffee maker. I love it too, but the X2D is special. I love it!

And that's worth noting. There are many many cameras trying to do it all. We can all have one of those along side the HB if we want. But there are precious few that are scalpels in a world of swiss army knives.

I'm certainly not against the tech. I have heaps of cameras crammed with it. Sony A1 and A7R5, Canon R5's. Fiji's. Nikons. But I really appreciate a few cameras that don't do that. I have the GFX for the zooms. And it has all the stuff and it's a great great camera. Really, if you can afford it, get the GFX as well. The zooms are fab. The primes are fab. The EVF is better than the X2D. The flip screen is better than the X2D. It's a completely different experience. It could be an alternative to a Canon or Nikon for some. There's even a 500 coming for it. But it'll never be a small simple camera over the shoulder with a P lens on it, like the HB.

Mostly I enjoy the X cameras because of how focused they are so to those who want the X2D to be a GFX, just go get a GFX. Leave our X2D alone. Cameras don't always have to strive to do everything the competition do. Leica shooters get this.

Absolutely I want HB to keep developing and pushing the software forward. But not at the expense of the experience.

Gordon

mar-ko

Funny, that so many people want to "push" companies to "work harder". Did you ever run a company? Or a section within a company? What is your imagination what people in a company are doing all day? Nothing, dreaming, working on "the wrong things"? Why do you think that you know better than the company itself if it makes sense*) to implement a certain feature, be it free (as a firmware update) or paid (next product)?

*) regarding improvement/usability, maybe PR/brand image Image wise and certainly regarding ROI

Please stop bombing a small company like HB with lots of mails about what other cameras can do and you "need" for your personal (not "our"!) X2D dreams. Sure, tell them what is missing for you - but I am sure, there are reasons some feature are not (yet) implemented. People able to build a modern, top notch camera and stay in the market are not stupid.

You don't like the camera, something vital is missing for you? Buy the one that has what you desire. Hint: The perfect camera is not available. And it will never be. Stop suggesting that people running a successful bussiness are stupid. Most of them are not.

flash

Quote from: mar-ko on February 27, 2024, 08:30:22 AMFunny, that so many people want to "push" companies to "work harder". Did you ever run a company? Or a section within a company? What is your imagination what people in a company are doing all day? Nothing, dreaming, working on "the wrong things"? Why do you think that you know better than the company itself if it makes sense*) to implement a certain feature, be it free (as a firmware update) or paid (next product)?

*) regarding improvement/usability, maybe PR/brand image Image wise and certainly regarding ROI

Please stop bombing a small company like HB with lots of mails about what other cameras can do and you "need" for your personal (not "our"!) X2D dreams. Sure, tell them what is missing for you - but I am sure, there are reasons some feature are not (yet) implemented. People able to build a modern, top notch camera and stay in the market are not stupid.

You don't like the camera, something vital is missing for you? Buy the one that has what you desire. Hint: The perfect camera is not available. And it will never be. Stop suggesting that people running a successful bussiness are stupid. Most of them are not.

I don't know about that. A small company like Hasselblad, with limited resources, is likely spending time trying to work out which developments are more important and which are less as they move forward. If they get a thousand requests for feature A and only one for feature B (assuming both were on the raodmap anyway) it can make it easier for a small company to concentrate resources on what will have the largest impact. Also, sometimes customers see something the company doesn't leading to new and innovative ideas.

I see no issues with requests. Just be concise and polite.

Gordon

ALAIN

Sometimes it feels like a French Forum :)

For my M, with his vocation, I ask nothing more.
But for the X2D, with its vocations, and with the disappearance of the H and their effectiveness, I continue to think that it is missing things (true focus or AFC, auto ISO in manual mode in the first place).

Patrick CM

viking

Personally I am sure HB will not leave the X2D alone... when I ask for auto ISO in M it's because it would help me in my photography. I believe HB would much prefer to 'know' what the consumers want rather than guessing. If I get my wishes come through I'll be happy, if not I will continue using it as is and hope for the future ;)