X2D self portraits

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfraymond

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to pull off self portraits when useing flash? I see the Flora Borsi pics on hasselblads sites all the time but...

Face detect doesn't work tethered
Neither does exposure simulation off
Neither does self timer tethered

Any suggestions other than rediculously high apertures in manual focus and 1000 shots to hope you get one frame thats useable.

Ralf

Flora Borsi's portraits usually have a large depth of field, so she probably pre-focused manually and stopped down accordingly. 

For "self-portraits" with shallow depth of field, I would use an assistant to focus and shutter.  Everyone should be able to do that with face detection.  This also has the advantage that you, as the subject, don't have to concentrate on technology at the moment of taking the photo.

fcarucci

Thank you for letting me know Flora's work. It's stunning. And she's definitely going for some pretty shallow dof. Amazing.

MGrayson

Sorry. Given the thread title, I couldn't resist. Cropped from the edge of the frame, hence the lens pointing off-center.

Jfraymond

Thats what i figured she did from watching her BTS vids.

Was just hoping maybe their was a easier way to do a real self portrait... not a regular portrait where someone else was just taking the pic for me.🤣😂🤣

thesilentman

I had some success using the Phocus 2 app to control the camera from my phone.