XCD 55V manual focus clutch issue

Previous topic - Next topic

Chengy

Hey does anyone encounter issue with their 55v or 38v where when you engage the manual focus clutch, it can only focus bring closet point up to say 0.8m no matter how much I rotate?

I recall I had this issue once before but I can't remember how I resolved it. Any help will be appreciated.

Patrick CM

According to Hasselblad
QuoteThe minimum focusing distance of XCD 2,5/38V is only 30cm

This image taken rather quickly in my office, in poor light, on my workbench has the word Nikon at about 25cm. Autofocus.You cannot view this attachment. the clutch engaged for manual focus worked well

dhead

I tried with the 55V, and this was just under 40 centimeters, which is closer than the spec sheet says.

Chengy

Thanks for both your reply.

I must first apologies, I think I framed my problem up poorly.

What I was trying to mean was my manual focus clutch just does not work. It won't focus anything other than within the range of approx 0.45m to 0.5m.

Patrick CM

I just used the clutch to lock in manual focus and the XCD38V was able to focus from very near, ~25cm, ~5m and ~200m. All looked reasonably good. I have not checked the 55V or 90V but I see no reason that they would be different. If you're finding your focus restricted, then perhaps send it to Hasselblad for a check? Do you have other V lenses?
Of course, sometimes a full RESET resolves the issue.

Chengy

How can you do a full reset on the lens ?

polarphoto

Borealis

Patrick CM

Quote from: Chengy on February 12, 2024, 10:06:41 PMHow can you do a full reset on the lens ?
I meant the camera with lens attached.
It's fly-by-wire focus, ie electronic I believe. Do you think perhaps dirty contacts might be an issue?

Chengy

I've tried:
- Updating lens firmware to latest
- Updating/Downgrading camera firmware between 2.0 and 3.0
- Cleaning the lens and camera connection point
- Reseting camera setting

Unfortunately none of these have worked. Looks like I will have to send it to the shop I bought from for next steps.

I do have a 38v and 90v so I know at least its not my camera body that is the issue.