PhotoMechanic

Previous topic - Next topic

llllllzj

I wonder about the raw standard used by X2D - Photo Mechanic displays the embedded JPEG preview in RAW files if it exists, therefore 3FR files are not supported. Do we know Hasselblad opinion about it or potential workaround? Personally, I found Photo Mechanic best for culling large amount of photo session which is related to outstanding capabilities of renaming photos...

Best

Lubomir

SrMi

Quote from: llllllzj on February 10, 2024, 01:06:31 AMI wonder about the raw standard used by X2D - Photo Mechanic displays the embedded JPEG preview in RAW files if it exists, therefore 3FR files are not supported. Do we know Hasselblad opinion about it or potential workaround? Personally, I found Photo Mechanic best for culling large amount of photo session which is related to outstanding capabilities of renaming photos...

Best

Lubomir
The FFF files contain embedded previews.
Convert all 3FR files to FFF with Phocus (also saves disk space) and then browse them with Photomechanic.
I do not own Photomechanic, so I have not tested it.

MGQS

I have asked CameraBits about this and they don't seem interested in supporting Hasselblad raw files. Not sure why. Photo Mechancic does not display fff files (single or multi shot) but as you mention I do see the 3FR's embedded jpeg. I use Phocus for choosing and editing my Hasselblad images and open the 16bit TIFFs in Photo Mechanic for sorting, renaming, metadata, cataloging, etc.

The jpeg is full size, with a X1DII-50c - 8256 x 6200 pixels

o2mpx

Have been using ApolloOne to organize photos, and displays both 3f's and 3FR's. Runs on Mac - https://www.apollooneapp.com/

tenmangu81

The only problem with such softwares is that they don't take into account the adjustments you've done. You only see, at most, RAW as SOOC. Or JPEG of course. So, good for culling after a shooting.
Robert

JCM-Photos

3FR and fff files have embedded JPEG's as well as treatment instructions from Phocus mobile in 3FR or Phocus desktop in fff

If third party software isn't fully compatible it's not a Hasselblad problem

Adobe is compatible
Sharpen your eyes not your files

SrMi

Quote from: JCM-Photos on February 14, 2024, 05:24:15 AM3FR and fff files have embedded JPEG's as well as treatment instructions from Phocus mobile in 3FR or Phocus desktop in fff

If third party software isn't fully compatible it's not a Hasselblad problem

Adobe is compatible
How do you deduct that 3FR have embedded JPEGs?
Exiftool reports that there are no embedded JPEGs in 3FR.
Adobe does not need embedded JPEGs