loading film in A12 film back 503 CW

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne1

OK, this is my first time loading 120 Ektar 100 in the A12 back. I followed instructions to the letter, inserted the carrier into the film back, and wound the film until a "1" appeared in the small circular window. All seems OK, except that the small round window next to the one that identifies the frame number should have a white dot. It does not. There is nothing there.  Is there a problem before I start to shoot?
Thanks

Georg Kovalcik

Yes, there is a problem. You are correct, the film back loaded and ready to shoot should show a white dot. The "A" in A12 means automatic, after loading the film you wind it until it stops.

Georg Kovalcik

And "Is there a problem before I start to shoot?" - yes, do not mount a film back that is not ready to a camera body that is cocked. Film back and camera need to be in sync.

polarphoto

Maybe you need to wind the film slightly. Also remove the dark slide before shooting. Many have done that mistake while forgetting  ;D  You can always try to do the procedure without film to see how the equipment works. If there is no white dot either film is not fully loaded or back is defective - whether defective has any impact on functionality I have no experience with. Good luck. There is one special thing that most digital MF don't have and that is the size of film with corresponding longer lenses giving a unique picture experience. Treu you don't have the infinity depth of field of smaller format cameras but this makes the pics unique.

Good luck.
Borealis

PeoOrvendal

This is from the Hasselblad manual. I hope this helps.

Michael H. Cothran

If I'm not mistaken, there is no camera indicator on the 503CW bodies.

PeoOrvendal

Right, the steps are the same though, if the magazine indicator shows red. Remove the magazine, release the camera (press the shutter), attach the magazine, and then advance the film.