Hasselblad L*RGB (16Bit Tif) + Nik Silver Efex + Photoshop CC = black image

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicci

Hi folks,

I ran into the following strange problem using Nik Silver Efex (also Color Efex) in combination with Photoshop and Hasselblad L*RGB 16bit tiff files:
Working on images in Silver Efex plugin, within Photoshop (or Lightroom) results (after saving within the plugin as a new layer) in the new layer being totally black (or in LR a black image).
If I use the same image, exported from Phocus as a ProPhoto 16bit tiff however, everything works as it should.
Is this a bug, or does the NIK Collection simply not work with the L*RGB color space? Can anyone replicate?

FYI: Other plugins, like Luminar Neo won't mind L*RGB

tenmangu81

I've just opened a Hasselblad L* RGB 16 bits TIFF file with Silver Efex Pro 2 and it works quite well. Silver Efex Pro 2 was opened as a stand-alone application, however, not as a plug-in.
After adjustments in Silver Efex and saving, I could open it in Lightroom or Photoshop.
Robert

Nicci

I have just tried opening the L*RGB Tiff in the Silver Efex stand alone application with the same result, the image is once again totally black. Totally bizarre.

I have absolutely no clue how to solve this issue, other than using ProPhotoRGb instead (which gives me identical result anyway). I am curious however and would love some speculations as in what is going on.

Juan Pascual Garrido

Hi friends, I had the same problem. DXO recommended that I uninstall and reinstall Nik Collection. After that, it worked perfectly.

Nicci

Quote from: Juan Pascual Garrido on January 27, 2024, 03:04:55 AM
Hi friends, I had the same problem. DXO recommended that I uninstall and reinstall Nik Collection. After that, it worked perfectly.

I tried that, unfortunately to no effect. Thank you though.