New OVF

Previous topic - Next topic

ramarren

The 907x/CFV 100c is delivered with the CFV hot-shoe/OVF mounting bracket as part of the in-box package. Both the old (21/30/45) and the new (28P/38V/55V) OVFs are listed on the Hasselblad USA web store for sale, with separate part numbers, and both show the 907x body mounting bracket.

From that, I suspect that when you buy either OVF, you get the 907x body mounting bracket, and when you have the CFV 100c, you can use its hot shoe mounting bracket instead of the 907x body mounting bracket at your whim.  It makes sense since folks (like me) who have the CFVII 50c might yet want to buy the new finder if we prefer the 28/38/55 mm lenses over the 21/30/45, and we might have a mix of both sets of lenses. For instance, I have the 21, 45P, and 65mm lenses ... so I might want the new OVF as well as the old as the 55mm will net a closer fit to the 65mm than my existing 21/30/45.

All that said, I have owned the OVF and the grip since shortly after I bought the 907x and haven't found myself using them all that often because I don't generally find myself using the 907x as a eye-level camera.

G

JCM-Photos

I guess HB USA is wrong.

How to fit the new OVF to a 907X as the nameplate slot is turned opposite to the slot on the CFV 100c and on the 907X it's also smaller ?

Or does it come with 2 different feet ?
Sharpen your eyes not your files

MSuser

Quote from: ramarren on February 01, 2024, 11:49:24 AM
Final word: Best to go to the source and stop all the silly conjecture. Hasselblad USA Customer Service has confirmed ...

- The old and new OVFs will both fit on both the original 907x/CFVII 50c OVF Bracket and the new 907x/CFV 100c OVF Hot Shoe Bracket.

- You cannot fit both OVF Brackets to a 907x/CFV 100c simultaneously.

G

This is correct. There's nothing complicated about it.

Either viewfinder mounts into an included bracket which slides into any 907X body in place of the nameplate which you first remove. You could also use the new hot shoe bracket included with the 907X 100C camera. On top of the bracket included with the viewfinders is a standard cold flash shoe with a simple push button locking mechanism on the side of the shoe for some added security.

The Optical Viewfinders have a flash shoe foot which slides into the flash shoe mounts of the brackets. There are two viewfinders: one for XCD 21, 30 and 45mm lenses and another for XCD 28, 38, and 55mm lenses. They mount the same way on either bracket.

You can find both of the OVF options listed with pictures thru the link to the store here: https://www.hasselblad.com/v-system/accessories/

The user manual for the Optical Viewfinders is here: https://www.hasselblad.com/downloads/#159

polychloros

Quote from: ramarren on February 02, 2024, 10:29:45 AM
The 907x/CFV 100c is delivered with the CFV hot-shoe/OVF mounting bracket as part of the in-box package

That's the bit of info I didn't know. The rest makes complete sense now.

ramarren

Quote from: JCM-Photos on February 02, 2024, 07:09:33 PM
I guess HB USA is wrong.

How to fit the new OVF to a 907X as the nameplate slot is turned opposite to the slot on the CFV 100c and on the 907X it's also smaller ?

The new 907x body is identical to the original 907x body and takes the same mounting bracket where the nameplate is normally fitted. So you can use one or the other of the brackets on any camera fitted with the CFV 100c, and only the older style bracket on cameras fitted with the CFVII 50c.

G

photoenthusiasm

You can easily mount the old viewfinder on the hotshoe that comes with the 100mp. Thus: if you have the 50mp with viewfinder: without extra costs you can mount the old viewfinder on the 100mp.

Thyl

Quote from: JCM-Photos on February 02, 2024, 07:09:33 PM
I guess HB USA is wrong.

From what I collected, there is the known slot on the 907X which is used for the bases of both OVFs; and there is another kind of slot on the CFV 100c where a hot shoe adapter can be mounted. So, you can attach any of the OVFs either to the base (a cold shoe) mounted to the 907X. OR you could attach any OVF to the hot shoe adapter on the CFV 100c. Unfortunately, from a spatial point of view, it does not appear to be possible to attach the hot shoe adapter to the CFV 100c and the cold shoe base to the 907X at the same time (when the CVF100c is attached to the 907X), so it is either OVF OR flash.