bayonet to screw mount filter adapters for V series lenses

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne1

What adapters are available for the bayonet mount of V lenses to threaded filters like Polar Pro polarizers, ND filters and adapters for rectangular split ND filters (Singh ray)? The lenses of interest are the Zeiss 80mm distagon f2.8 CFE, 50mm distagon f4 CF FLE and 150mm Sonnar f4 CF.

wayne1

I have many filters for the screw in mount on the XCD lenses. It would be so nice if I could find an adapter for the V bayonet-to-threaded mount, say for a 60 bayonet to 77 thread. Has anyone heard of such an adapter?

FloatingLens

I think I had a B70 to 77mm filter thread adapter in my hands at some point, but I suspect it was not a genuine Hasselblad part.

Georg Kovalcik

Tiffen Hasselblad B60 to 77mm filter thread adapter #9198

MSuser

B&H shows a selection of Bay 60 to 77mm adapters including the Tiffen model suggested by Georg. The Heliopan is the most expensive and the only one made from brass.

www.bhphotovideo.com/Bay 60-77mm step-up rings

wayne1

Great!
Thank you. I found the Heliopan and Tiffen adapters. I hope that the additional spacing will not cause vignetting.
Wayne

Michael H. Cothran

There are quite a few different size B60-xxx filters available. And to "Wayne 1" yes, there is a B60-77mm thread adapter. I use them! B&H has them, as do probably most large camera stores who sell Hasselblads.

FWIW - I have the CF 50, 80, 150, & 250 lenses. I bought 4 B60-77 adapters (from B&H), and also 4 cheap plastic 77mm lens caps, which work just fine. They now stay on the lenses all the time. In addition to 77mm filters, I also own the Kase Revolution 82mm filter pack, so I also have one 77-82 adapter for when I use them.

JCM-Photos

I use an adapter ring for 77mm filters on the B60 CF lenses.

It's a (Chinese) third party part and the problem is that it is completely made out of soft aluminium, also the springs that should lock it to the lens.
I have regularly to bend back the springs to have a somehow secure mounting.

I don't know a correct brand that could stay in place more securely , I will change it if somebody has a positive experience with some.

Sharpen your eyes not your files

polarphoto

Is there the reverse say 62mm bo B60 adapter or 77mm to B70 making it possible reuse the old very nice filters on the XD series cameras e.g.?
Borealis

JCM-Photos

Quote from: polarphoto on February 07, 2024, 03:13:46 AMIs there the reverse say 62mm bo B60 adapter or 77mm to B70 making it possible reuse the old very nice filters on the XD series cameras e.g.?
I guess 62mm would be too small for the B60 mount
Sharpen your eyes not your files