wishful thinking

Previous topic - Next topic

pdprinter

Panasonic just came out with a very innovative macro lens 100mm/2.8  e.g.: https://www.cameralabs.com/panasonic-lumix-s-100mm-f2-8-macro-review/
for FF. The main points are extremely small dimensions, weight and focusing speed with good optical quality in the entire focusing range (up to 1x) using 2 focusing groups with 2 different focus motors.
As Panasonic is now the manufacturer of the most recent XCD lenses it may be possible to adopt that technology to a XCD version. Of course the need of a shutter would add complexity and also more weight but it could still much smaller, lighter and much faster focusing than the present 120mm XCD macro.

CedV

I agree. The Hasselblad X system needs more technical lenses, such as a true 1:1 macro and tilt-shift lenses (before anyone mentions the HTS, I have it and it's just not good enough on an X camera). The new macro you dream of would be great. I don't really care about the size and weight. Just make it AF-capable and 1:1 (or more) and I'll buy two, no matter the cost.

Georg Kovalcik

,, As Panasonic is now the manufacturer of the most recent XCD lenses" - is this already confirmed?