XCD38V shutter locked closed !

Previous topic - Next topic

ALAIN

Hello,
My XCD38v has just crashed! The shutter is locked in the closed position! (The lens only took 3500 photos).
Has this happened to any of you and what information do you have on this subject?
Thanks in advance.
Alain (from France)

ALAIN

I removed the lens from the X2D as well as the battery. I put it all back together and the shutter stuck closed!

Patrick CM

sorry to read that. this happened to you. My 38v never did this.
Have you checked and cleaned the contact points? Maybe a connection issue. Possible camera issue - unlikely - but try to reset the camera. Removing the battery doesn't force a reset.

ALAIN

Thank you for these tips.
I did all that and I also put together an HCD28 which works perfectly.
It is indeed objective 38 which seems to be faulty.
It seems I'm the only one having this problem. It's bad luck but it's also better for everyone ;)

Ikarus

Mine is going back to Sweden this week (no lens attached error message).

ALAIN

Good morning,
My poor XCD38 arrived at Hasselblad in Sweden on January 24 and I have just learned that it will not be exchanged: exchanges are only accepted within 30 days! We don't know if he's going to Japan or not and especially not how long it will take. In any case, I will have to make do with an lens that is only 3 months old and will only be a repaired lens, with the loss of confidence that this can cause on this lens and of course a little on the brand. Positive point: Hasselblad will lend me an old generation X lens, having no XCD38 available for that.
Best regards,
Alain, from France

Eyelike

30 days 😭😫😤
1 year should be a minimum !! How bizarre

JCM-Photos

Europe's laws: the item is replaced when you have a "failure by unboxing".
After the period of "unboxing" the item is repaired during warranty time.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

ALAIN

Correct, this is indeed the law; but we could expect elitist brands like Hasselblad, and it is the same, or even worse, with Leica, that these brands offer more flexible commercial services and more in relation to the prices they charge. This added to the fact that the breakdown rate and in particular "young defects" is inversely proportional to the quantities produced.
And there are many examples where we see that the more we go upmarket, the more we decline in the quality of after-sales service.
Well, I say that because it annoys me to be deprived of this superb lens and to know that it will be tinkered with who knows where!

Ikarus

Quote from: ALAIN on January 14, 2024, 02:11:01 PMHello,
My XCD38v has just crashed! The shutter is locked in the closed position! (The lens only took 3500 photos).
Has this happened to any of you and what information do you have on this subject?
Thanks in advance.
Alain (from France)

Hi Alain,

My 38V has also crashed, but in my case, open.  Mounting the lens, I get the message "No lens detected".

All under warranty - my only current issue is where to send the lens for repair.

John

jhasselblad

Quote from: Ikarus on February 18, 2024, 12:11:53 PM
Quote from: ALAIN on January 14, 2024, 02:11:01 PMHello,
Thanks in advance.
Alain (from France)

Hi Alain,

My 38V has also crashed, but in my case, open.  Mounting the lens, I get the message "No lens detected".

I have noticed also the same message "No lens detected" on mz X2D/100c and send it to Hasselblad for repair.  :-[  Bad!

ALAIN

I received an almost new XCD30 on loan for... a while...

ALAIN

The XCD90V tempted me but this mishap still affects my enthusiasm for this V series.
It's a shame because the but as a result, the sharing between the 2 brands seems to continue for me.

tenmangu81

The XCD90 f/3.2 is a very, very good lens, and just a little bit louder and larger. As far I am concerned, I won't go to the XCD90V.
Robert

ALAIN

Oh the good news: I have just received the beautiful brand new XCD38V that Hasselblad Sweden sent me, in exchange under warranty for the one that got stuck!
Classy for Hasselblad ;)
Well, we will never know what happened: mechanical blockage, electronic bug... It's not so serious: an exceptional fault is forgivable when you rectify the situation in this way!