Value of my BNIB Hasselblad 907X Special Edition / 50th Anniversary Moon Landing

Previous topic - Next topic

haragr

hello friends... I need your help...

As some of you may have already seen my ad listed on this forum - https://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=9346.0 - I am trying to sell my brand-new-in-box Hasselblad 907X Special Edition 50th Anniversary Apollo 11 Moon Landing camera. This was a limited edition camera that Hasselblad announced in 2019. I received mine from B&H in March 2020. It has sat in its box ever since.

The help I need from you folks is, I don't know how much this camera is worth right now? I want to have realistic expectations. It is a collector's item piece, in my opinion. And it is truly brand new. I paid $7,500 for it in 2020. Any insights and guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MSuser

Quote from: haragr on January 07, 2024, 12:13:01 PM
hello friends... I need your help...

As some of you may have already seen my ad listed on this forum - https://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=9346.0 - I am trying to sell my brand-new-in-box Hasselblad 907X Special Edition 50th Anniversary Apollo 11 Moon Landing camera. This was a limited edition camera that Hasselblad announced in 2019. I received mine from B&H in March 2020. It has sat in its box ever since.

The help I need from you folks is, I don't know how much this camera is worth right now? I want to have realistic expectations. It is a collector's item piece, in my opinion. And it is truly brand new. I paid $7,500 for it in 2020. Any insights and guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This is the press release for the limited 907X Special Edition.

KEH currently lists two of these: LN- (Like New Minus) for $7,649 and EX+ (Excellent Plus) for $7,499.

The above is a starting point as a guide, but it is ultimately worth what a buyer will pay.

JCM-Photos

In general special editions gain in value with time passing, but the value depends mainly on the number of units produced.

The first special black edition "on the moon since 1969" is photographically not that interesting, it was the 907X launch model and had a smaller backscreen as the regular model.

The last special edition "Hasselblad since 1941" would bee more interesting for me it is a working camera with grip, OVF and a special edition white XCD30
Sharpen your eyes not your files

alextsayun

In the end of the January they will release 100c 907x, so I bet the pricing point on the current sets will decrease significantly if we compare with X1D/X2D models.

polychloros

Yes, the 100MP version of the back will almost certainly lower the market price of the current back, including the limited edition Moon models. The smaller, lower resolution, screen on the 50th Anniversary model is another disincentive, at least from the point of view of a user rather than a collector.

JCM-Photos

The big open question for me is : will the 100 back have IBIS or not ?

It would be the first ever built MF back with IBIS (Hasselblad has a long experience with this technology on their MS backs)
And if it could correct the mirror shake of V cameras it would be great
For the moment Super Achromat image sharpness cannot be reached hand hold but only on a trIpod with mirror pre-release.
I would buy it immediately with IBIS

Just 100 Mpix in place of 50 Mpix would be for no intest to me. I've already compared image quality between 50 and 100 X modells and I see no gain in colors or sharpness on my A2 prints.

But IBIS on a MF back 😝

alextsayun

Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 08, 2024, 09:25:04 PM
The big open question for me is : will the 100 back have IBIS or not ?

Not so big question, it is already confirmed :)

JCM-Photos

This doesn't say if it works against V cameras mirror shake that is the main issue for high res digital backs on V bodies

MSuser

Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 08, 2024, 09:25:04 PM
It would be the first ever built MF back with IBIS (Hasselblad has a long experience with this technology on their MS backs)

Hasselblad multi-shot backs and IBIS share little in common except for the fact that the sensor moves. The concept, technology, hardware, methodology, and functionality are very different.

It's possible that the CFV 100C could employ a fundamentally different design for IBIS than the voice coil motor based designs conventionally used for IBIS including the X2D. I doubt that's the case, but we'll have to wait and see.

Georg Kovalcik

Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 09, 2024, 08:20:18 AM
... V cameras mirror shake that is the main issue for high res digital backs on V bodies ...

For this I would like to see real evidence.

ramarren

Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 07, 2024, 09:09:25 PM
In general special editions gain in value with time passing, but the value depends mainly on the number of units produced.

The first special black edition "on the moon since 1969" is photographically not that interesting, it was the 907X launch model and had a smaller backscreen as the regular model.

The last special edition "Hasselblad since 1941" would bee more interesting for me it is a working camera with grip, OVF and a special edition white XCD30

I also have the 2019 907x/CFVII 50c "Moon edition" camera. The differences between it and the later production versions are so minor as to be insignificant to my eye. I use it, and I love the fact that none of the others celebrate anything other than being a specific Hasselblad model. The Moon edition celebrates a signal moment in the history of the human race, and to my way of thinking, that's far far more valuable to a collector looking for special edition stuff to suit their collecting caprices.

Doesn't matter much as mine is not for sale until such time as I feel like selling it. At which point, I'll be happy to sell it to anyone who appreciates what "On the Moon since 1969" really means, rather than what they're willing to pay. ;)

G

NickT

Quote from: Georg Kovalcik on January 10, 2024, 03:48:50 AM
Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 09, 2024, 08:20:18 AM... V cameras mirror shake that is the main issue for high res digital backs on V bodies ...

For this I would like to see real evidence.
This was a huge issue for me when I used digital backs on V system and was a big part of my decision to move to H system.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

ramarren

Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 09, 2024, 08:20:18 AMThis doesn't say if it works against V cameras mirror shake that is the main issue for high res digital backs on V bodies

If I'm worried about mirror shake with a V-series body, I use the mirror/aperture pre-fire button to eliminate it. That's why Hasselblad provided it... ;)

G