remotely trigger X2D in B/T mode

Previous topic - Next topic

byron

I cannot determine a way to correctly use the X2D for painting with light. When in B/T mode, Phocus 2 on an iPad appears able to initiate the trigger sequence but then does not allow for completion of the sequence to close the shutter. On the iPhone, Phocus 2 does not appears to even initiate a B/T sequence.

I'm likely not the first person to use this for light painting. How have others been able to remotely trigger a B/T sequence on the X2D?

thanks for any help

byron

and update to the issue after further testing:
B/T mode also does not appear to function when tethered via Phocus. It works as expected when pressing the shutter button but appears to not function remotely whether tethered or wireless.

No one on here uses B or T modes?

byron

I just got this back from Hasselblad:

Happy New Year and all the best to you in the year to come!

Thank you for contacting Hasselblad customer support.

The  B/T mode is not active in tether mode via Phocus/Phocus Mobile2 but I'll check with our R&D test team if they have any solution.

Hence, I'll return ASAP.

Best regards,
The Hasselblad Support Team

apparently another thing that Sweden hasn't had time to fully implement yet on the X2D... hopefully soon. I'm not sure why you would put a mode into the camera that one are unable to correctly use, but... that incomplete implementation aside, the X2D is an amazing camera.

Ralf

As a workaround, I would leave the iPad alone, preselect a long exposure time, and use the self-timer to release it with a delay on a tripod.  Just as an idea.

Ralf

...and where the hell is the USB cable release? ;)

Pablo14

Quote from: byron on January 03, 2024, 04:11:39 AM
I just got this back from Hasselblad:

Happy New Year and all the best to you in the year to come!

Thank you for contacting Hasselblad customer support.

The  B/T mode is not active in tether mode via Phocus/Phocus Mobile2 but I'll check with our R&D test team if they have any solution.

Hence, I'll return ASAP.

Best regards,
The Hasselblad Support Team

apparently another thing that Sweden hasn't had time to fully implement yet on the X2D... hopefully soon. I'm not sure why you would put a mode into the camera that one are unable to correctly use, but... that incomplete implementation aside, the X2D is an amazing camera.

Many thanks for bringing this up and kindly please share any update you might receive from Hasselblad. 

Pablo14

Quote from: Ralf on January 03, 2024, 05:24:15 AM
As a workaround, I would leave the iPad alone, preselect a long exposure time, and use the self-timer to release it with a delay on a tripod.  Just as an idea.

Thanks Ralf - that's great suggestion; indeed selecting the self timer release option, you can then access a large list of pre selected exposure times in various increments which should work well enough for light painting.