H6D, H5D X?

Previous topic - Next topic

jahn

Hi — im truly confused. If anyone doesn't mind clearing things up for me, i would appreciate it! I am looking to buy a second hand H body that preferably has a digital back and more importantly that can use my film back from my H1. I've seen in other forums people briefly emphasizing on whether they are talking about the H5D or the H5X. Or H6D or H6X. Without telling which one they are referring to with a clear and obvious way. Are there any marks / brand / logos / etc that tells them apart? Secondly, can either the H5D or H6D are able to use the film back from the H1? Anyway you can clarify thank you.

hvk

Hello,

H5D and H6D are compatible with Hasselblad digital backs and the HM 16-32 film back.

H5X and H6X bodies are rare (and more expensive than the "D" bodies). They add compatibility for third party digital backs (for example Leaf and Phase one) as well as legacy Hasselblad backs.

If you do not own a third party digital back today your best option is probably to look for a used H5D, H6D-50 or even a H6D-100. The H5D was available in 40, 50 and 60 MP CCD and 50 MP CMOS. H6D are CMOS only. The H3D-II does not support film backs and I believe the same is true for H4 (although I never owned one).

/Henrik

docholliday

Quote from: hvk on December 29, 2023, 12:42:08 AM
... I believe the same is true for H4 (although I never owned one).

There was the H4X, which accepted third-party backs and the HM also. It was fairly similar to the H5X feature-wise.