FFF previews in Mac viewer and finder

Previous topic - Next topic

Plancton06

I can see previews for raw files from most manufacturers, including the 3f files from the x2d, once I import files to fff my mac only shows icons without a preview in finder. Is there a way macos can preview fff files ?

tenmangu81

Robert

Patrick CM

my Mac show .3FR files - the out of the camera, in Mac Preview as JPEG images. It can't show .FFF files. I suppose it's because they're converted by Phocus...so you'd have to view in the Phocus app - importing them fro the 3FR or from Phocus expert them as something the Mac can use...TIFF, DNG or JPEG.

tenmangu81

My MacBook Pro M1 (Ventura) can open, through "Preview" (and even through the space key), .3FR as well as .fff files.
Robert

Plancton06

strange I am also on an M1 with Ventura, I wonder if I need to install a profile or something... PS, Phocus and Lightroom are installed

Patrick CM

Quote from: tenmangu81 on December 22, 2023, 05:40:32 AM
My MacBook Pro M1 (Ventura) can open, through "Preview" (and even through the space key), .3FR as well as .fff files.

I'm on Ventura 13.6.3 - the latest update yesterday in fact and I can use Preview for 3FR but not FFF

tenmangu81

On my computer, the .fff files can be opened and displayed with Preview, but not modified. They are locked for any modification.
Robert

ganesh

Try to update Adobe CameraRaw to the latest version.

Patrick CM

Quote from: tenmangu81 on December 22, 2023, 09:55:58 AM
On my computer, the .fff files can be opened and displayed with Preview, but not modified. They are locked for any modification.
Odd that I can't use Preview on fff files. My iMac is 2017 intel processor, but it still runs Ventura.