Phocus and Eizo Monitor Connection

Previous topic - Next topic

bbracks2

Hi,

I have an Eizo Cg318 and it used to be supported on Phocus.  I now am not able to calibrate Eizo through Phocus at all. the Eizo logo does not appear in the settings section next to the mobile tab like it used to.

Is the Cg318 no longer supported? It used to be a top of the line monitor so I was hoping there would be some legacy support as the manual says it will recognize it automatically.

I am running Sonoma on Mac and Phocus 3.7.6

Thanks,

JCM-Photos

Forget it, as CG screens calibrate automaticaly by themselve you don't need the Phocus Eizo calibration tool.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

bbracks2

Thank you,

What would you recommend in terms of matching an eizo monitor with the display of a MacBook. I know that I can just calibrate the MacBook separately which I have done but when I do this, the colors still don't match when the screens are next to each other. I made sure to use the same colorspace and gamma settings.

CedV

Quote from: bbracks2 on December 19, 2023, 03:07:56 AM
Thank you,

What would you recommend in terms of matching an eizo monitor with the display of a MacBook. I know that I can just calibrate the MacBook separately which I have done but when I do this, the colors still don't match when the screens are next to each other. I made sure to use the same colorspace and gamma settings.

These are two very different monitors. I'd advise you to stick to the Eizo for critical retouching. And get a "feel" of how this translates to your macbook for, say, on location shooting. You will never get realistic blacks, or an even illumination on a macbook screen. The mb screen is an amazing piece of tech. But it's just not refined enough for a consistent calibration.

bbracks2