X1D II with new lenses?

Previous topic - Next topic

acg

Wondering the difference in operating speed of the X1D II (which I've used but sold due to it being too slow) with the 38mm or 28mm as compared to the original XCD lenses..... and will it still be a much slower camera than the X2D when it comes to shooting, shutter, etc with the new lenses?

Thank you,

ACG
aaron c greenman
aaroncgreenman@acuitycolorgrain.com
www.acuitycolorgrain.com

Tennisarm12

Yes, it will still be much slower. I also read somewhere a statement of Hasselblad that the new lenses are not faster on the old cameras. I have the 55V on my 907X and enjoy the overall better haptics and feeling of the lens. It's very silent and - at least that's my feeling - doesn't hunt as much as my 45P, but it's no comparison to the 55V on the X2D. I see the V lens as a joyful investment until I can afford the X2D.

jakontil

I tried for some time the 90 3.2 though it was considered slow in the older bodies, when i paired with X2D it felt slightly more comfortable to focus? May be the phase detection helped a little? I can feel definitely better but i might be biased

flash

Quote from: jakontil on December 18, 2023, 05:03:50 PM
I tried for some time the 90 3.2 though it was considered slow in the older bodies, when i paired with X2D it felt slightly more comfortable to focus? May be the phase detection helped a little? I can feel definitely better but i might be biased

The 90 3.2 got a good speed bump on the X2D which improved a bit more with the lens firmware update. It's one of the better focusing XCD originals on the X2D, along with the 21, 30 and zoom. I mixed the old 90 with my 28, 38 and 55 quite happily until my 90V turned up recently. The 90 3.2 is a very pleasing lens on the X2D.

The V lenses on the older bodies are a bit faster, I feel, but not by much. Even with the XCD glass there's a difference in focus speed between the lenses. They are very nice to use because of the speed and weight advantages and the clutch works just as well on the X1D bodies. I wouldn't buy them for AF speed though unless you wanted to have the upgrade path to the X2D.

Gordon

JCM-Photos

Sorry but there is no new lens firmware for the XCD90 3.2 since years !
It remains 0.6.0 as for all other XCD lenses (except the 21 and 45P that is another technology)

I found only a recent XCD21 firmware update to 0.6.1 to solve X2D compatibility problems.

Silent lenses like my 45P are a pain for me, it slows down my shooting pace as I am not able to notice when  the camera is ready for the next clic.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Whitten

That's why I ended up selecting the shot preview, as by the time your last shot has gone from the screen the camera is ready to shoot again.
For me it's a visual cue, I don't always need to see what I just shot.

flash

Quote from: JCM-Photos on December 18, 2023, 11:56:18 PM
Sorry but there is no new lens firmware for the XCD90 3.2 since years !
It remains 0.6.0 as for all other XCD lenses (except the 21 and 45P that is another technology)

I found only a recent XCD21 firmware update to 0.6.1 to solve X2D compatibility problems.

Silent lenses like my 45P are a pain for me, it slows down my shooting pace as I am not able to notice when  the camera is ready for the next clic.

Apologies. I mixed up the 90 and 21 and 45P firmware updates...... My bad.

Gordon