Phocus Mobile 2 - USB 3.0 connectivity

Previous topic - Next topic

sc_john

I cannot figure out how to get X2D connected to Phocus Mobile 2 via USB 3.0. Firmware for camera and Phocus Mobile2 version are both current as of today. A pop-up on Phocus Mobile 2 states "On the camera the USB connection must be configured as IOS." With the X1DII, there was a clear way to implement this setting via the Connectivity menu. However, no such menu that I can see on X2D. Thanks.

John

Simon Bran

I have a ipad pro,one of the first ones with usbC and a 907 which has the same issue, I have finaly got it to work by using a.....deep breath.....
a usb C  to usb A adaptor, then a usb A to lightning cable, then a lightning to usbC adaptor.

So you end up with a 'cable' with usbC on each end,
traveling through lightning conection and back to usbC.
But it only works one way round for some reason.

my phone with a lightning conector has allways worked ok,
I have only just discovered this arrangement works, a week or so ago, so will see how it goes :-)
simon

sc_john

Patrick X2D and Simon Bran,     

Thanks for your comments.

I think I found the problem... my expectations. I read the following from hasselblad.com: " Connect X2D 100C, X1D II 50C, or CFV II 50C (including the 50th and 80th-anniversary special editions) to iPad/iPhone devices 1 via Wi-Fi or USB-C 2, and use Phocus Mobile 2 to remotely control shooting, import/export, and manage or edit RAW and full-size JPEG images." After reading that, I was grabbing a USB-C cable and trying to get my X2D working with Phocus Mobile 2 on iPad. I neglected to catch footnote 2 immediately after "WiFi or USB-C" in the text. When I found footnote 2 at bottom of page, it stated "2. Functions and firmware updates that require connecting to iPad/iPhone via USB-C are currently unavailable on X2D 100C." Duh! Guess I'll just have to be patient.

John