New XCD 135mm barrel marks

Previous topic - Next topic

vitdev

Hi! I just received a new 135mm XCD lens from B&H and the teleconverter barrel has tiny marks. Not sure what it is and if it's okay. At first I thought that someone might have used the lens before and it's marks from placing tripod mount, but the box seemed to be glued and lens exposure count is 0.

Is it just a manufacturer paint defect?

Simon Bran

does it match to where the orange dot is on the lens mount ? is it a guide for when you mount the lens?
looks a bit too neat to be a paint fault

JCM-Photos

Mine older XCD135 doesn't have this dot,
Hasselblad lens collar doesn't fit the XCD135, it fits the dedicated x1,7 extender, H and V adapters as well as H converter.

Is this dot aligned with the lens  mounting mark inside the lens mount ?
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Bob Foster

My TC (2018 vintage) has the dot. You've shown that the TC dot is at "12:00" when mounted. If the TC is also aligned with the dash on the collar the foot of the collar will be close to parallel with the base of the camera.

This will get your camera close to level if the foot of the collar is used to mount the assembly to a leveled tripod head. A  small adjustment to secure true level will probably be needed.

vitdev

Quote from: Simon Bran on December 07, 2023, 01:13:15 AM
does it match to where the orange dot is on the lens mount ? is it a guide for when you mount the lens?
looks a bit too neat to be a paint fault

Oh, I was talking about the tiny lines to the right of the do (about 10mm in diameter). They look like a fingerprint, but it is a rough surface of the barrel in that spot. It's harder to see on the photo.

I guess it's not a big deal, just every other surface is perfectly smooth, so I was wondering what it was.