XCD 90 3.2 vs XCD 90 2.5

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanford

I have the 90 3.2 and like it very much. I'm on the list for the 90 2.5.
While waiting, I've been reading and watching reviews of the 90 2.5. Most reviewers praise the quiet shutter, faster auto focus, and reduced weight . The subject then turns to the most important feature of all, image quality.

A few reviewers have claimed that the image quality of the 90 3.2 is superior to the 90 2.5. I'm interested in hearing from members of this forum as to the accuracy of this claim.

Regards to you all,
Sanford

Orokaj

Quote from: Sanford on December 05, 2023, 10:33:08 AM
I have the 90 3.2 and like it very much. I'm on the list for the 90 2.5.
While waiting, I've been reading and watching reviews of the 90 2.5. Most reviewers praise the quiet shutter, faster auto focus, and reduced weight . The subject then turns to the most important feature of all, image quality.

A few reviewers have claimed that the image quality of the 90 3.2 is superior to the 90 2.5. I'm interested in hearing from members of this forum as to the accuracy of this claim.

Regards to you all,
Sanford

Shutter sound is rather loud on the 90/2.5 compared to other V lenses, however there are claims the new firmware will soften the sound etc.

Image quality wise, note the 90 3.2 starts at 3.2...

If someone has both maybe they could do a side by side comparison however I think its just splitting hair, the size,weight, AF advantages adds so much value than the tiny difference in IQ.

Jakoro
Jack Xu

MarkN

It would also be interesting know how the 90V compares to the XCD 80 f1.9?

Orokaj

Quote from: MarkN on December 05, 2023, 01:04:24 PM
It would also be interesting know how the 90V compares to the XCD 80 f1.9?

Image quality?

If you want technical test results, 80 will be superior.

To me the 80 1.9 is still the sharpest, best IQ lens.

Again, 90V wins in every other category.
Jakoro
Jack Xu

vidio

I do not currently have the 90 3.2 but I have used it in the past and I currently have the 90V and the 80. I have posted comparisons between the 80 and 90 elsewhere on the forum and the 80 has slightly better bokeh. But the usability of the 90 is much better. When I had the 90 3.2 I liked it quite a bit but it is heavier and slower to focus. From memory I don't think there is much difference quality wise so if you already own the 90 3.2 I'm not sure you gain much except weight and speed advantage. But if picking new I would go for the 90 V for sure.

BTW - I loaded the firmware update and I do not notice any difference in shutter volume. It is louder than the other V lenses but no louder than the older lenses.