Presentation, plea for advice about XCD 3,5-4,5/35-75MM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenmangu81

I only use primes, and generally go out with only one that I select depending upon where I am going and expecting to see. I am getting older and wish to go out with the minimum equipment.
Robert

fredfoto

Hi again everyone who might be interested in this topic.

Firstly, thanks for the advice and time given to responding to my previous enquiry.

In the end, I bought the X2D, the 35-75mm and the 135mm + 1.7 adaptor.
To say I am amazed by the quality of the output from this camera would be an understatement.
Simply put, it is incredible.
I love the zoom, it is very handy in challenging weather conditions (which I face regularly where I live) and I am used to the focal range immediately.
The 35 is not as wide as I'm used to, but I can deal with it, and will probably get an ultra wide when Hasselblad have one available for sale... At 75 the lens gives an angle of view like the 210mm on 5x4, so I am very comfortable with this focal length and the 'Blad zoom doesn't disappoint.
Side by side, images from the Hasselblad at any focal length of the zoom, are another step up in quality from a 5x4 transparency scanned on an Imacon, especially with the dynamic range from the 100M sensor.
What I used to shoot on a tripod at f22 with the 5x4 camera (25+ kgs), I can now shoot handheld at f11 and the results are incredible. The zoom plus the IBIS work very well, and I can get edge to edge sharp images at about 1/5th of a second handheld at 100 ISO with a camera/ lens combination that weighs only 2.5kg.
Buying in the EU was very easy direct from Hasselblad, and they refunded me the sales tax without a problem.
I'm still learning the Phocus app, and how the camera functions, but after a few weeks of testing and experimenting, it's a keeper.
It looks like I'll easily be able to do 2 meter wide prints with the files, which scrub up amazingly in Phocus, with further refinements in Ps.

Over and out...

fredfoto

This image is in rural Spain.
España vacía. Empty Spain.