Harry

Hi guys! What's the problem here?

Camera: H3DII-50, newest Firmware
CF Cards: SanDisk Extreme IV 45MB/s
Lense: Hasselblad 80mm
Iso: 50
Stop: 11 or 16
Shutter: 1/125 oder 1/200
Camera was rotated by 90 degree to shoot portraits.

The problem started about one hour after starting the shooting and increased by and by, so that at the end, nearly every picture looked like this.

Thanks and best regards!

NickT

Harry I take it this was untethered? If so I'd suspect the card, can you replicate the same result with a different card and tethered?
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Harry

Hi Nick.
I shot with two cards, both were SanDisk Extreme IV and with both I got these pictures. Shooting directly on the computer over firewire didn't work, the camera crashed every time after 50 to 60 pictures. That's why I started to shoot on cards. Hours after the shooting everything seemed to be okay, no corrupt pictures any more. Today we tested it again and get also no corrupt pictures. Everytime with the same cards.

koukei

Quote from: Harry on January 13, 2010, 11:31:48 AM
Hi guys! What's the problem here?

Camera: H3DII-50, newest Firmware
CF Cards: SanDisk Extreme IV 45MB/s
Lense: Hasselblad 80mm
Iso: 50
Stop: 11 or 16
Shutter: 1/125 oder 1/200
Camera was rotated by 90 degree to shoot portraits.

The problem started about one hour after starting the shooting and increased by and by, so that at the end, nearly every picture looked like this.

Thanks and best regards!

Hi Harry

I'm having the same problem, I have tried 3 different cards and they all faulted, When I shoot tethered the corrupt image will freeze Phocus but still allow you to shoot, and all images after the corrupt one go to god.

I have now had 4 private emails from H3DII-50 owners UK, Australia and USA all having the same problems. And Hasselblad  have told all of us individually that no one else is having these problems.

One of my corrupt images

koukei

Quote from: NickT on January 13, 2010, 11:45:31 AM
Harry I take it this was untethered? If so I'd suspect the card, can you replicate the same result with a different card and tethered?
Nick-T

Hi Nick

I'm having the same problem tethered and untethered, I have also tried 3 different cards.

koukei

Just updated to firmware version R346 and shot for 1 hour without any faults at all :D and even better than that, the speed of tethered capture is incredible. As fast as I can shoot there in Phocus, Two minute's straight without a queue so so happy :D

avedon1961

:( I had the same problem with my H3dII-50. The only way to get out of this? I sent the camera to Denamrk. Now it works fine.