Portraits with X2D and XCD 1.9/80

Previous topic - Next topic

marcwick

I am still curious how the new 90 will perform. For sure I will test it for a portrait session. At the moment, the 1.9/80 is my most used lens for portraits. I really love the performance of this lens although it is not that compact.

marcwick

marcwick

marcwick

dancook

I look forward to your thoughts on the 90 !

I have 38/55/80 - I have sometimes used the 80 for documentary, live music - which motivates me to want something faster AF. But I would not want to regret a switch !

thesilentman

I don't have the 90, but great portraits!

MarkN

Lovely portraits!   

As the above images demonstrate, the 80 f1.9 renders beautifully.  With face detect the percentage of in-focus eyes should increase when shot wide open - and when shot wide open it probably has a somewhat different look than the new 90v.

Much as I am tempted to purchase the 90v, I'm not sure I would rush to sell my 80mm.  If I did not own the 80 I would not hesitate to purchase the 90v, but it will be interesting to see how they compare as portrait lenses with more widespread use.

marcwick

marcwick

Quote from: MarkN on December 02, 2023, 07:37:01 AM
Lovely portraits!   

As the above images demonstrate, the 80 f1.9 renders beautifully.  With face detect the percentage of in-focus eyes should increase when shot wide open - and when shot wide open it probably has a somewhat different look than the new 90v.

Much as I am tempted to purchase the 90v, I'm not sure I would rush to sell my 80mm.  If I did not own the 80 I would not hesitate to purchase the 90v, but it will be interesting to see how they compare as portrait lenses with more widespread use.

These are exactly my thoughts too. I like the quality of the photos and especially the look wide open a lot. Why changing to a 90mm? (Because it looks much better). The speed of the AF is ok for me. But let's wait direct comparisons between these two gems.