New to Hasselblad workflow question

Previous topic - Next topic

kmonroe99

Waiting on my 907x (with 45p) to arrive, and new to Hasselblad.  Looking for workflow suggestions for going from camera to finished (JPG/print) image.  I want to minimize software learning, file conversions, etc.  I already have DxO Photolab 7 that I use with other cameras.  Do I need to learn Phocus; can I do everything in Photolab?
Thanks

GerardNijenbrinks

My workflow is like:

- Take pictures with the 907X & CFV II 50C
- Take one of the SD cards out of CFV II 50C
- Import in Lightroom Classic through a card reader on MacBook Pro
- Edit pictures in Lr, or probably additional Ps
- Export as .jpg (or other format) in LrC with specs (and eventual watermark) as needed.

I tried Phocus, quite easy to use and not much about it. But I couldn't find visual differences with LrC, that I also use with other camera's (Leica M-D, Sony A7-III, etc). I use LrC also as my Library, so it's very convenient to have photo's of all camera's in one place.

vs-foto

DxO Photolab 7 does not work with Hasselblad 3FR.

Patrick CM

in the field
connect to iPad with USB-C cable, transfer images to Files app then transfer from iPad to external sands ssd. Now I have two back up copies.
I use Phocus mobile to do a quick check - and remove the rubbish. I download any really interesting images in JPEG if I want to load to social media.

in the office

I connect directly to my Mac with the USB-c cable, and import using Phocus to convert to FFF and preliminary edit.
I do very little post processing. As an amateur I don't see the need - just a light touch occasionally,

viking

Quote from: vs-foto on February 11, 2024, 06:24:16 PMDxO Photolab 7 does not work with Hasselblad 3FR.
It does for me (X2D) with no problems.

jakontil

Quote from: Patrick CM on February 11, 2024, 11:35:22 PMin the field
connect to iPad with USB-C cable, transfer images to Files app then transfer from iPad to external sands ssd. Now I have two back up copies.
I use Phocus mobile to do a quick check - and remove the rubbish. I download any really interesting images in JPEG if I want to load to social media.

in the office

I connect directly to my Mac with the USB-c cable, and import using Phocus to convert to FFF and preliminary edit.
I do very little post processing. As an amateur I don't see the need - just a light touch occasionally,

Hi patrick, can phocus 2 view jpeg in the camera wirelessly? I shot both in RAW and jpeg but when i set view to jpeg, nothing shows up

Did i miss anything? Should i shoot only in jpeg?

vs-foto

Quote from: viking on February 12, 2024, 12:20:15 AM
Quote from: vs-foto on February 11, 2024, 06:24:16 PMDxO Photolab 7 does not work with Hasselblad 3FR.
It does for me (X2D) with no problems.

I tested this DXO-version end of last year. I couldn't open the 3FR from the CFV II 50C. DXO support confirmed that.

ramarren

I have the CFVII 50c, Lightroom Classic and Phocus on macOS, and Phocus Mobile on iPadOS, iOS. Most of the time, I use an SSD card reader to move files from the back to macOS, and render with LR Classic or Phocus. I have found that the differences are quite subtle and it's the rare photo that I really need the additional complication of rendering in Phocus to TIFF then transferring to LR Classic. (This is convenient for me since nearly all of my other photo work is rendered and managed in LR and has been since 2004 or so.)

I mostly use Phocus Mobile with iPad or iPhone to operate the camera with a remote release when that is appropriate, and only rarely do image processing on the mobile devices. Phocus Mobile on iPadOS seems quite capable, however, and does a good job when I've tested it.

No experience with DxO here.

G

Patrick CM

QuoteHi patrick, can phocus 2 view jpeg in the camera wirelessly? I shot both in RAW and jpeg but when i set view to jpeg, nothing shows up

Did i miss anything? Should i shoot only in jpeg?

Well I see the raw files in camera using the Phocus app, so I don't think jpeg would be a problem. I can, from the app, either download to the Phocus app or download a jpeg to the Photo app on my iPad.