Buying direct from Hasselblad in the UK - advice please

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Piper

I posted before about renting/buying in the UK. At that time the general advice was Pro Centre. However, I don't live near London, and anyway when I looked at the location on Street View it looked like a very, um, interesting part of town. Not sure I'd want to walk out of there with £13K's worth of camera stuff under my arm.

I was wondering whether buying direct from Hasselblad would be worth considering. It's not as if I'd get it cheaper anywhere else; every dealer seems to charge the official list price. So has anyone here had experience of buying direct from Hasselblad? Is it quicker/slower than dealers? Is there a UK fulfilment centre or does stuff have to come from Sweden?

Thanks,

Ian.
--

Arend Loerts

Hi Ian,

I do live in The Netherlands and I buy direct from Hasselblad and it works perfect.

MSuser

Quote from: Ian Piper on November 30, 2023, 05:29:45 AM
I posted before about renting/buying in the UK. At that time the general advice was Pro Centre. However, I don't live near London, and anyway when I looked at the location on Street View it looked like a very, um, interesting part of town. Not sure I'd want to walk out of there with £13K's worth of camera stuff under my arm.

I was wondering whether buying direct from Hasselblad would be worth considering. It's not as if I'd get it cheaper anywhere else; every dealer seems to charge the official list price. So has anyone here had experience of buying direct from Hasselblad? Is it quicker/slower than dealers? Is there a UK fulfilment centre or does stuff have to come from Sweden?

Thanks,

Ian.
--

I don't live in the UK, but I've been aware of Pro Centre for several years as they were once owned by Hasselblad. They've been an independent dealer for multiple brands for a number of years now. They still appear to carry the broadest range of Hasselblad items in stock to buy or to rent, but that's only my impression.

There's also a new DJI | Hasselblad brand store which opened in Birmingham in August.

The direct Hasselblad online store website for the UK is https://store-eu.hasselblad.com/en-uk/

Andy Miller Photo UK

Quote from: Ian Piper on November 30, 2023, 05:29:45 AM

Thanks,

Ian.
--

The UK is not shown as a destination on the H site -- If have NO IDEA why and cannot obtain a response from H.
You can buy from Wex, Parks and other stores -- but they all seem slow to secure products like the XCD 90V -- check to see which of these are close to you and have an existing relationship with H.
Pretty much all repairs go to Sweden and this has worked fine for me.
I use the ProCentre for "H" system and they have a lot of stock -- they also obviously stock X system.

MSuser

Quote from: Andy Miller Photo UK on December 01, 2023, 03:07:37 AM

The UK is not shown as a destination on the H site...

I don't understand which section of the Hasselblad website you're referring to when you say "The UK is not shown as a destination on the H site".

thesilentman

I purchased two Hasselblad cameras from Pro Centre in the past two weeks and every time used the surrounding area to have a beer in some nice pub and shoot some night scenes with the purchased gear.

Ian Piper

Quote from: MSuser on November 30, 2023, 03:46:23 PM

I don't live in the UK, but I've been aware of Pro Centre for several years as they were once owned by Hasselblad. They've been an independent dealer for multiple brands for a number of years now. They still appear to carry the broadest range of Hasselblad items in stock to buy or to rent, but that's only my impression.

There's also a new DJI | Hasselblad brand store which opened in Birmingham in August.

The direct Hasselblad online store website for the UK is https://store-eu.hasselblad.com/en-uk/

That looks useful. I can get to Birmingham a lot more easily than London. I will check them out.

Thanks,

Ian.
--

MSuser

Quote from: PatrickM on December 03, 2023, 09:46:17 AM
Quote from: PatrickM on November 30, 2023, 10:05:49 AM
I don't believe that you can buy direct anymore. I tried last year and they put in in touch with a UK dealer....and there's a good network in the UK. I've used UK Digital and Linhof Studio. The latter I highly recommend and they're doing a deal right now ...
https://www.linhofstudio.com/products/Hasselblad-X-Series-X1D-X2D-Compact-Medium-Format-Digital-Hasselblad/LSL_Hasselblad_X2D__XCD_55mm_V_Offer

This is my email from Hasselblad

Beatrice.Dobirta (Hasselblad)
Apr 12, 2023, 09:09 GMT+2

Dear Patrick Molloy‍,

Thank you for contacting Hasselblad.

Yes, due to Brexit, the Hasselblad online store is no longer open for UK customers due to customs taxes.

But, we suggest you contact one of our sales partners and they will assist you:
https://www.hasselblad.com/dealers/

Please do not hesitate to contact us for additional support if needed.

Best regards,
The Hasselblad Support Team

https://www.hasselblad.com/dealers/

I wonder if that has changed since you received the email in April. There was no active Hasselblad UK shop online earlier in the year, but there appears to be one now. The Hasselblad online store currently allows me to select the UK as my country, it then displays a UK store where you can select items to purchase and add to your cart, and then check out (see screenshot attachments).

This is the direct link... https://store-eu.hasselblad.com/en-uk/

Pablo14

The Hasselblad UK online store is now operating. They handled the customs / Brexit issue.

I bought the 120mm macro lens and the 55mm v lens online from the UK store a couple of months ago. I am based in London. They ship the next business day and the delivery was very quick.

I got a notification that the 90mm v lens was available a few days ago and it was available at the time online. I could have bought it but I was already on waiting list with a dealer. I think now it shows sold out.

I can strongly recommend buying online from their UK store - the customer experience and their reply if you have any question was very prompt.