H3D22-battery failure.

Previous topic - Next topic

ceh

Hello,

Since December 2008 I've been in possession of the H3D22 (new).

When the battery fully charged in the evening is inserted into the device switched off, the battery gets flat overnight. In the morning it is not possible to turn the camera on due to the flat battery. I made the recommended reset in accordance with the directions listed in the forum, the charger indicates no error. When the battery is placed out of the camera, it keeps its capacity.
However, after every new insertion of the battery it  is  necessary  to set the date and the time. 

Is this a normal condition? ???

Regards.

Cenek

ceh

Hello,

Since December 2008 I've been in possession of the H3D22 (new).

When the battery fully charged in the evening is inserted into the device switched off, the battery gets flat overnight. In the morning it is not possible to turn the camera on due to the flat battery. I made the recommended reset in accordance with the directions listed in the forum, the charger indicates no error. When the battery is placed out of the camera, it keeps its capacity.
However, after every new insertion of the battery it  is  necessary  to set the date and the time.

Is this a normal condition? ???

Regards.

Cenek

NickT

Is your camera firmware up to date?
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

ceh

ceh

Invalid date...
december 2009..

s.agar

Just like my H3DII-31 with the older firmware. Now it's completely cured.
I wonder if reloading the latest firmware may solve your problem.
H3DII, M8, Canon 5DII, NEX-3 
Camera collector, over 500 items.
http://seyhun.com/

NickT

Moderator note
I merged these two threads into one for clarity.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

ceh

Dear friends,

thank you for your help and advices.
The firmware package R256 is not designed for the H3D22 sensor unit.
I will install the firmware package for the body H3D22 and put here the result.

Regards.

Cenek.

grandguru

The firmware package 256 is correct for the H3D22, digital unit, go ahead and install it.

ceh

grandguru,
have you got any experience with it?

Here is the list from Hasselblad.com:
Sensor Unit: H3DII-39, H3DII-31, H3D-39, H3D-31, H2D-39, CFV-39, CF-39, CFII-39, CFH-39, 503CWDx.
This package contains firmware version R256.CIM for the sensor units on the above listed products. Version R256 is a feature and bugfix release of version R251.

Highlights Include

* Increased exposure time from 32 to 64 seconds (31 & 39 million
      pixel units only!).
    * CFV-39 support for "full" and "square" capture modes.

This firmware update is intended for Phocus users only and can be downloaded via Phocus version 1.1 Mac, 1.0.2 Windows or later versions. For a complete list of fixes and added features, please see the read-me file.

???

Cenek.

KeithL

I'll chip in here with my own experience of the H3D11-22.

When I bought the camera - virtually new, 49 activations - in April 09 from the Hasselblad ProCentre in London, they had installed Firmware R249 - I believe this is the latest firmware offering for the H3D11-22 - and they also installed the latest body Firmware 2.1.0.

All was well until recently when the camera failed to keep time. I tried - as recommended in the manual - connecting the camera by Firewire for 12 hours and this seemed to work for a couple of days but now the camera is failing to keep time yet again.

Any help would be gratefully received!

David Grover

Hey Guys,

Please use firmware R256.  It is intended for the 22Mp models as well.  The readme is not clear so I will ask for it to be changed.

Keith - It will fix the Date / Time issue.  Hope you are not too snowed in!

David

KeithL

David, many thanks, really appreciated!

This morning I went for a walk in the snow over to Nutfield Marsh, the lakes are as pretty as a picture, but it's a nightmare if you need to travel. Hope you're managing OK.

Take care.

Keith

KeithL

David, I've downloaded R256 to my PC but when unzipped it's showing as HASSLX29.CIM rather than R256.CIM. Is this correct?

TIA

Keith

David Grover