Remote shutter release?

Previous topic - Next topic

marcwilson

Has anyone come across an option for a remote shutter release for the X1DII?
I'm working in often wet weather and having side door open for the shutter release cable worries me a bit re waterproofing. (Apart from that the camera has performed flawlessly in wet conditions).
I know I can use phocus on my phone but then live view stops on camera and moves to phone screen and that is far to much of a disconnect for me (though it's great with tethered shooting set up of course).
Thanks.

SrMi

Quote from: marcwilson on November 19, 2023, 12:05:38 PM
I'm working in often wet weather and having side door open for the shutter release cable worries me a bit re waterproofing. (Apart from that the camera has performed flawlessly in wet conditions).
I know I can use phocus on my phone but then live view stops on camera and moves to phone screen and that is far to much of a disconnect for me (though it's great with tethered shooting set up of course).
Thanks.

Depending on the situation, you may be able to use the timer instead of a remote release.

Andy Miller Photo UK

Quote from: marcwilson on November 19, 2023, 12:05:38 PM
Thanks.

As you note Hasselblad sell a plug in shutter release "cable/button" - but you can also trigger using phocus (2) on your smart device.

See -- https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4672720#forum-post-66497962