HC Lens firmware to be recognized/read by X2D

Previous topic - Next topic

sc_john

I understand that HC lenses require firmware Ver 18.0.0 to have autofocus via XH adapter on X2D, However, if I am willing to live with MF, is Ver 18.0.0 is also required for H2D to just recognize lens, aperture, etc. (and feed info to Phocus) or will earlier version of firmware provide ability to read lens and exposure info.

Thanks.

John

Conner999

Unless the X2D is somehow different, there is no FW limit.

I've been using an HC 80/2.8 (listed here) with FW 9.0.0 on a (now departed) H5D for years and a X1D2 (also listed) w/zero issues. EXIF complete, XH 0.8x, HTS and Phocus compatibility, etc., no issues

JCM-Photos

except that there are no high shutter speeds and no AF  :)
Sharpen your eyes not your files

sc_john

Thank you both for your responses. This is good news. Does the X2D provide IBIS with firmware below 18.0.0, or is IBIS the same as auto focus... requiring 18.0.0?

John

Conner999

The camera body anti-shake involves the sensor adjusting as the camera moves and should be lens firmware independent as all it needs, if anything, to adjust its movement is the lens focal length, which it will have regardless of firmware level.  All you miss with < FW 18 on an HC/d lens with an X body is AF and having a 1/2000 sync shutter speed vs. 1/800.

sc_john

Conner999... Thanks for clarifying this. It really simplifies and helps my decision.

John

Photon42

Quote from: sc_john on November 16, 2023, 02:27:47 PM
Thank you both for your responses. This is good news. Does the X2D provide IBIS with firmware below 18.0.0, or is IBIS the same as auto focus... requiring 18.0.0?

John

My X2D's IBIS does not work with my oldish pre-18 210/4 HCD. I have a "case" open with Hasselblad on that for months. No idea why the FW needs to be important for that, but it seems to be at this point. In my eyes simply a software defect. IBIS even works with lenses without any electronic contacts.

sc_john

Photon42

The latest X2D firmware seem to have fixed it for my HC210. IBIS now works with that lens.

Shige

X2D firmware 3.1.0 improves IBIS behavior for HC lenses with older firmware.
I have HC35/HC50-110/HC150/HC210 with firmware older than 12.0 and IBIS works with X2D.
It did not work with X2D firmware 2.0.5.
I believe X2D is steadily improving its operation with firmware updates.

https://shige-art.net/en/hasselblad-my-lens-list/